Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 7, 2008

Heartwarmers Continued

Here's another sample from my card class this past weekend with Cornish Heritage Farms Heartwarmers stamp set which I taught at Right At Home.  In the class, I wanted to focus on cards that were easily mass producible, so I streamlined...  You'll see that there are not as many layers as I'd make for my usual cards. 

I made up for the simplicity on these cards by going way into detail on the gift bag and tag. Slowed them down big time with lots of sewing and little details, but I think they liked the finished product.  

So, back to the cards, I wanted to stress that quick can still be cute-- right?? Our cards involved lots of paper piecing.

This particular card involved stamping the ornament a few times and cutting it out.  But even still, it was still faster I think that coloring and blending the ornament many times!  To jazz it up a notch, just stickle up that little heart, or add some Spica pen to it.

Here's two that didn't make the cut for the class, but they still fit the theme, so I thought I'd share them here.   Also, several of the girls at class purchased the stamp set, and I wanted them to have a few more ideas to go along with their new stamps!

You know I love white space cards....  this has just a dash of Scenic Route across the top, and some black scallops and grosgrain ribbon for a little pop. Again, stickle up those hearts, or add a little diamond glaze for some shine.  



Lastly, here's one more lotsa white card.  

I thought those trees were just so cute with patterned paper, and happened to have just a few scraps of Scenic Route Roxbury to get the job done.  We'd done them in class with solid green cardstock, but patterned paper is super fun too! 

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for dropping by!




11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

just beautiful! I love the simplicity of them. I love the focus on the designer paper and the wonderful stamped images. perfect!

Emily said...

These are all beautiful! They are simple, but not plain at all. I love all of the pattern paper you used.

Anonymous said...

I love each and every one of these cards!! They are just my style - I love the papers you used to piece with.

Karen Motz said...

I loved the projects we made in class. Eventhough there's some cutting involved to paper piece the images, it went surprisingly quick! The gift bag is so nice that I don't want to give it away.
Thanks for another fabulous class!

Unknown said...

Very cool cards Joanne - love the little bit of dp there! :)

lalalla said...

cute cards, really warm and nice:)

Maureen said...

LOVE them all! Simple designs, but so nicely done! Love all the paper piecing!

Juanita said...

These are all really nice cards. I might have to use these ideas as inspiration for some of my Christmas cards.

Bonnie said...

These are all so cute! I love this stamp set and what you have done with it!

B said...

pretty! I love how they're so simple but you added just the right touches to bring them to the next level!

Angie Tieman said...

These are lovely, such sweet, warm holiday cards! Love the paper piecing!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover