Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 5, 2008

DVD Tins - Altered Album

I showed just a sneek peek on Friday night of a little "something" I'd worked on for the Gina K launch last week.  One of the Gina's newest products are DVD tins.  In addition to being a great way to store the larger sets - they're also fantastic alterables!

I had seen a tutorial by Julie Buhler on Splitcoast a few weeks ago, and thought it was such a fun idea!  Enter my goodies from Gina K and it was a perfect excuse to put together a little photo tin that I'll fill with this years Christmas Memories!  I love that since it is made out of tin, it will be nice and durable since I (very affectionatley) am prone to calling my boys "Thing One" and "Thing Two."

This beautiful sleigh is from Rupa's latest set: The Magic of Christmas.  I stamped the image directly to my ivory cardstock then again to a piece of scrap paper.  I colored the sleigh with my R35 copic marker, then applied a coat of Diamond Glaze and let it dry overnight. 

I also used Gina K's new self adhesive rhinestones for the centers of some of the pointsettas on the designer paper I used.  The inside is a clear envelope album finished off with jumbo eyelets and a wide grosgrain bow.  

This was so easy and fun to make... I could see making lots of these for Christmas presents.  Hey, if you're on my shopping list, please disregard that comment and look really really surprised when you get one.. okay?

Have a GREAT day!


7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!! Now you have my mind just spinning with ideas. I love your tin

Jillabella said...

This is stunning Jo!! And I really love the effect the crystal glaze adds to the sleigh! Can't wait to see it filled!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful. Are you going to show us the final picture of the sneak peek of the cute bag project and cards you did for a class at the store?

Angie Tieman said...

THis is gorgeous!! Love the sleek, shiny look to the sleigh! And I have lots of tins, so thanks for the inspiration!!

Patty Williams said...

Beautiful ! Love the sleigh!

Emily said...

This is gorgeous! I love the glaze on the sleigh. You did a beautiful job on this. TFS!

Melanie said...

that diamond glaze looks soooo gorgeous!! (is it different from Crytsal lacquer??)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover