Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 29, 2008

What's Up Wednesday - Hey Bossy!

Its What's Up Wednesday!  How did that happen again? Seems like I just wrote last week's What's Up Wednesday post....

Amber's going to laugh at me, because once again, I have not one, but TWO samples for the challenge.  I wanted to do one with the Splitcoast Color Challenge this week, which is "Tangerine Pixie Kisses" but just couldn't get it together with Chives considering that Emily used Pixie Pink!!  This fun and funky bathtub seemed like a better fit.  

The MFT What's Up Wednesday challenge this week is to Get Bossy!  (To all of you who cast embossing as your favorite technique for my blog candy last week -- I listened, so come on and play!!)  You can do heat embossing, dry embossing whatever you'd like, just emboss something on your card.  We were supposed to be working with Chives, but as you'll see, I messed up my own challenge for the color version and used "Chill Out" instead.  Just worked better for the color challenge.  The image was watercolored with my reinkers, and then I added white gel pen accents.  

In my opinion, you just can't go wrong with these Annie LaPoint images from My Favorite Things Presents.  They're so fun to color!  

So, since I'm a cheater and didn't use Chives, I have another one too. (Amber, zip it! LOL!)  This is the one that uses Chives along with some yummy October Afternoon paper.  For the Really Rust panel, I ran it through my cuttlebug after swiping the folder with my Really Rust ink for that "negative effect" on the embossing.  

On both cards, I heat embossed the image with black ink and clear embossing powder. Just love that extra detail - and it helps when coloring in the image too. There is literally a line you bump into to keep your details in place! Sweet!  

The image is colored with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS and stumps.  The background of the oval was colored all the way out to the embossed edge with a very pale cream marker.  The embossed edge was left white for a little faux layering.

Speaking of nesties....that reminds me, another thing that is embossed on both these cards. Nesties.  Lots of times I skip the step of running my nesties through the machine again for that really deep embossing.  But, for both these cards I did use my tan embossing mat and a few extra pieces of cardstock to get that nice embossed edge on the cards.  Ahhh, I've got to stop being lazy with that because I love the effect.....

Hope you'll come to play along on the MFT Member Company Forum.  If you don't have Chives, feel free to play along with whatever you've got!  Just don't forget to be bossy

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

I love these! great job on the color challenge and I love the different ways you used embossing, it is one of my favorite techniques!

Renee said...

These are great! I love the bright colors on the first card with the embossed bg...very pretty and the other card love the brown and all the colors you used awesome!

Bekki B said...

These are real pretty! Love the colors and cuttlebug usage!

Michelle said...

Hi Joanne, this is the first time I visited your Blog. It's wonderful, you are now in my faves.
from Michelle N

Shirley said...

Great cards! The first is so bright and cheerful. Much needed with the low temps here. The second one is so warm and friendly too! Lovely! I am so glad I found your blog. I have you on my feed and also will follow.

Jody Morrow said...

Both of those cards are GORGEOUS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover