Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 1, 2008

A Whale of a Soap.....And a Great Green Friend

Its been a while since I've had a green post for you, and for that I apologize.  I just didn't have any new information for you...I was just trucking along with our composting, organic food shopping, recycling and trying to follow children around constantly turning off lights.  And well to be honest, life has been a little crazy. 

My newest mission is to try to keep the heat off whenever possible.  Suddenly it has become so cold in New England.  Striving to turn that thermostat down a degree or two and add a layer instead.  Works out well since I love sweaters!

Today I've got a fun product review for you that works for my family, so thought I'd share the love.   Coconut is the surfactant in most organic cleansers I've found, and with good reason... it does a great job, unless you're allergic to it like my little guy.

I was ready to head back to my old non-organic standby out of frustration.....but my husband went on a search high and low and hit several local Target stores until he was able to locate a few of these adorable babies...

Its the "Whale of a Soap" from Kiss My Face, and its made with Olive Oil instead of Coconut.  It is orange scented and just smells SUPER yummy too. 

The kids love it and it helps to ease my crazy cakes into the tub... he's generally not a fan of soap, um probably because till now it made his skin so itchy.  My only warning is that it isn't tear free so we're constantly reminding the kids to let US do the washing with the whale so they don't get soap in their eyes.

Between finding a lotion that works for him, finally having a correct diagnosis for his allergies, and of course this new soap, his skin has never looked better.  

In other news, I received the most amazing packet of green love from my friend Melanie!  (Mel, I hope you don't mind I swiped your photo because I missed the sun here today......)

Melanie found this fun package of buttons (ahh its real flair instead of facebook flair!) and used it to make a green birthday card for me which you can see here!  She also sent this really fun magnetic pad of paper that reads "Green is the new Black." Love it!  

Melanie is the illustrator of several sets of stamps over at Gina K Designs, and her latest is "A Year of Flowers."  Goodness is that girl ever talented, I love drooling at all her beautiful creations.  And, she's an amazingly sweet and generous friend to boot.  If by some rare chance you don't already read her blog, you'll want to tune in!  Melanie is so thoughtful in her stamp designs. She's all about value for your money and fills every inch of rubber on that plate with creative ideas.  

 Thanks for dropping by today.  Can't wait to hear what Green Things you've been up to.  I've got a few friends that I'll be inviting as my Green Guests in the weeks to come.  Have a green subject you'd be interesting in sharing with us?  Please email me at stampedbyhand at comcast dot net.



2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute card!! I love those little flair buttons!! SHOOT - did I miss you b-day Jo??? I need to find an old list and check that out . .. boy some friend!! Well, hope it was/is a good one, all the BEST!! :)

Punkydoodle Papers said...

This card is too cute! I love it! I'm sorry I missed your 30th birthday! Isn't this funny - both of our birthdays are in October and we got married to our DH's on the same day! I think we are truly SISTAHS! Hugs!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover