Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 15, 2009

Feeling Springy......

Who's that Girl has a little spring in her step today, despite the fact that it is freeeeeezin' cold here in the Northeast!  brrrr.  

Today's Thursday, which means a new MFT sketch challenge!  I've been a bad friend and hadn't made a card to play with Frances and Cindy in a few weeks, so I grabbed my box of MFT's and looked for one that hadn't seen ink in a while.  I chose "Let's Go For a Walk" which to me is one of the classics for My Favorite Things.  

As I mentioned the other day, I've been playing around with the MFT Digital Paper Packages and I just love them!  I couldn't help but use this sweet pink patterned paper with just a touch of black.  Put all my favorite Copics including E31, E33, R11, R20, W1, W2 all to good use.  I don't know about you, but I never like the look of straight black marker, it was just too much for these polka dots, so I softened them by adding a coat with my black gel pen afterwards.  

The dogs are celebrating in style too, they all have Spica pen bling on their hats and on their collars.  

I fussed and fooled around with this for a while, because I really wanted to incorporate the larger grey felt flower along with the white one, but finally succumbed and added a gingham bow instead.  In linking this up, I realized that I sorta blew the sketch by turning my sentiment into one of the embellie placements, but hopefully my girls will forgive me! **wink** 



9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jody Morrow said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE this card! It is so delicate and pretty!

Norine said...

love this so pretty
Hugs
Norine

toners said...

Beautiful color scheme :) Love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Joanne...if it were up to me, you would TOTALLY get a pass, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, this card is so pretty! The colors are so fresh and springy...something we need here in the northeast! Aren't these temps something!

Kim said...

This is SUCH a cute card!!!

Lisa H. said...

springy and sweet! love the touch of black! and what a fun layout, the two cirlces in the corners are cute!

Renee said...

Darling card....I love your embelishments :)

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card, Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover