Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 21, 2009

Feeling Warm and Fuzzy?


I simply adored Asela's "Framed Friends" from last month's release, and was so very excited when I first got a little peek of this month's "Warm & Fuzzy."

I have two cards to share with this set, and I literally was betwixt and between unable to decide.. so twist my arm, I'll share both today!  
(See, this is why I never have "extras" to share at the release party!)

I wanted to do one card that you could put together quickly, but then also show that you can use these adorable images for more complex creations too.  I have a third one all stamped out, just needs to be assembled, ah ha! Maybe I will have extras at the party after all??

So first, my quick card.   This is a piece of Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock as my base, and then I used some patterned cardstock from Amuse for my cardfront.  The card itself is 3.5x5.  I cut an oval nestie diecut and stamped the image with Memento ink.  My very favorite ink for Copic work. Fast drying, non smearing and I can get directly to work!

Then I colored the bird with my Copics, and then attached a ribbon bow to the top of the oval.  

The second card uses some patterned paper that I recently picked up from Sassafrass Lass.  I love the fun edges that make for an instant decorative treatment, no fancy punches required!  

I added the sentiment "Love is Warm and Fuzzy" to a Nestie slider diecut - and then used my Copic aircan to spray a little bit of E31 while the diecut was still nestled inside the die, giving it just a warm fuzzy glow.  

Added a bow of what is my very favorite ribbon that I use whenever I get a chance!  Admittedly, these bows aren't exactly mailable, at least not with standard postage and all....

I stamped the image of the doghouse two times.  Once to a rectangular piece for my main panel, and then again to some scrap paper.  I colored over my little dog house with a pencil to give some wood paneling to the dog house. Then I colored in the scrap bird and dog and popped them up one level.  

I hope you liked my little previews today, but don't forget to visit Gina's Blog to see previews of BOTH sets that are being shown today.  You'll also see samples from the following team members:

and our spotlight designer this month Mary Anderson.

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Carolyn King said...

fantastic!!! love them both!!! Great job girl (love that paper too!)

Theresa Momber said...

Joanne, both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the elegant simplicity of the bird card. I think I need you to come tie bows on all my cards.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous bow!!

Melanie said...

awwwwwww! two cute! (hee! I meant to say "two")
yes, your bows always ROCK LOL!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute!!! I can't wait to see the whole set.

Sharri said...

Great cards! I love what you did with the dog house! Will you share how you did it?

Tamara said...

So great! I love the paper you chose on both of your cards, and your bow is perfect!

emilymomto3boys said...

Very cute! I love the clean simplicity of the bird card - and that paper rocks!

toners said...

I just got that first framed set in the mail yesterday - now I'm gonna have to check out the next set! LOL! :)

Beautiful, beautiful cards!

Renee said...

Wow! These are both incredible! The both look so well put together and just gorgeous!

JessicaK said...

Oooh, these are great. And I love those DPs!

Karen Motz said...

Squeal!!! My favourite...birds and dogs. :)
Sigh...Another must have set...really, life would be MUCH less expensive if we just lived beside each other and had keys to run in an borrow each other's goodies. Who am I kidding...we'd still have our own anyway. Beautiful cards my enabling friend. :)

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Joanne! I love the coloring, the layouts, just all of them!

Jennie said...

Two beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them both...I love your bows, always just perfect :o)

Can you have a bow tutorial ???? :o)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover