Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 20, 2009

Freshly Polished

This top post is my Gina K Designs preview for the upcoming launch on Thursday night!  I'll have previews Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week!  I have a second post today with my Dirty Dozen Challenge card, as well as a card for Celebrate MFT.  Thanks so much for looking!!


Before having children, I was a maniac about getting my nails done.  My girlfriends and I had a little nail shop off campus that we'd go to each Friday to get our acrylic nails filled, and polished.  The stories that the nail tech used to hear out of us, we were a bunch of crazy maniacs...  Though all the years, and color fads, I have two favorites, Dutch Tulips and OPI Red.  Okay, make it three, I do {heart} a good french pedicure too!

Now, as a daycare provider, and a mom, I haven't been to have my nails done in simply ages.  That is, unless you count accidentally airbrushing my thumb blue with my Copic the other day (seriously, my nail is blue!) 

I do however, simply relish the chance get a great pedicure, for me, its a MUST DO before any vacation and a few times each summer.  I love cute summer flip flops, which of course require a great pedicure job!

Some day, when my boys are older, hopefully I'll be able to sneak out again for weekly manicures, I love just having to sit still for a while.  And, I'm such a busy body that I love all the comings and goings of a salon, seriously GREAT people watching.  Come on, you know you love that too.....

This set "Perfectly Polished" is the latest release from Rupa Shevde for Gina K Designs.  So many fantastic girly images from both the salon and the spa.  I can't wait to blurf around and see what the rest of the team has done.  I stamped my bottles once to the paper, and then again to scrap, to pop them up one layer.  I coated each bottle with my Spica pen for a quick shine.

You won't want to miss Gina's blog this week, she'll have previews every single day, and you know, she's always giving things away during release week!!  

Two sets are being previewed today - you'll find all the samples here:

Perfectly Polished - Jessica, Kurtis, Erika, Cindy, Melanie and this month's Spotlight Designer: Mary Anderson

The Best Things in Life - Cammie, Jessica, Theresa, Kurtis, Erika, Donna, Emily, Melanie

19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful, Joanne!

Laurie in MN said...

You should tell Melanie one of your Best Things in Life is a great pedicure. Sometimes it is the little things that are so enjoyable.

Carolina said...

What a beautiful card! Love the layout and the dp you used with it!

Cat Tidwell said...

Ooooo Awesome card Joanne! Love the black and white with the pop of the nail polish colors!

I'm a people watcher too..hehe!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card! Lovin the new sets!!

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card! OPI is my fave too!

Lee said...

Cuteness!! I love the girlie set!! Can you believe I've never had a pedicure?? No thanks! But I'd love a manicure!! LOL

Lisa H. said...

cute, cute,cute! love the layout and how you did that sentiment (looks great on the oval with that button).

Melanie said...

Thank for the mani story, love your card!(love the little brushstrokes of pink o accent polished i did one similar to that too, hee!!)
hugs

who makes Dutch Tulips? that one I don't know!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

SO chic! Love what you did with this set!

Karen Motz said...

Squeal!!!! OMG!!! I LOVE this set...love your card...can't wait to see more!

emilymomto3boys said...

so cute Joanne! Love the black and white!

Sharri said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I used to be crazy nail lady too getting acrylics every 2 weeks....now I think I'd be breaking one a day with all the stamping.

Carolyn King said...

super cute! (how do you get everything done girl! amazing!)

Norine said...

too cute
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

great post Jo :) Laughing still about that nail tech (what was her name???) I cannot WAIT to hit that spa in the Cape for our girls weekend - it can't come soon enough! See you in a few weeks!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Joanne! Love the black and white against the brightly colored polish bottles! Maybe you're on to something...airbrushed manicures! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun card! I have had one manicure and by the end of the day it was ruined because I had some stamping to do... and I'm a rather messy stamper, I guess! lol! Now as for a pedicure... I'm all over that!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover