Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 28, 2009

Fish and Flowers


Today I have two cards that I made for the Gina K release last week that I shared during the launch party, but never did share over here.

The first is the full view of my fish card that I made for last week's Get Messy Challenge.

I stamped the seaweed and bubbles from "Best Fishes" on the light blue cardstock, then crumpled it up, flattened it out and painted it with Shimmerz to give the feeling of movement under the water.

Then I added a fish that I'd stamped separately and colored with Copics.  The little worm on the hook is dangling off of a linen thread.  

This is where my little "Paper Diet" began, I just loved this blue cardstock from Scenic Route, combined with a piece of striped cardstock from a different Scenic Route collection.  Kiwi Kiss carstock from Stampin Up was my choice for matting and ribbon, and of course, I adore my Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock for bases!  

The next card is intentionally just clean and simple.  This is a piece of October Afternoon patterned paper with a kraft matting all zig zag stitched with my Janome.  The main image is from "Tropical Flowers".  I inked the blooms first in Soft Sky, then deepened the edges with Baja Breeze.  The stems were stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink.  Baja Breeze was used for both the scalloped matting and ribbon.  

The sentiment is from the new "One Free with Three" set titled "Taglines."  This set has sentiments for just about any occasions, and they all fit within the Spellbinders tags dies. 

Oh this color palette just makes me itchy for Spring.  But, Mother Nature isn't cooperating with me on that one...its snowing like crazy today. Oh well, at least I can get some extra stampy time this afternoon?

Happy Stamping everyone!




6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Marzec said...

I love Baja Breeze and Kiwi together. Great cards. I especially like the floral one!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute cards Joanne...love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are just super cute!!! I love the stitching on the 2nd card.

Renee said...

These are both such cute cards! I love your soft colors...you did a great job!

Mary said...

Both of these cards are wonderful.

Mary

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards. Love the cute fishy and the colors you used. TFS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover