Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 28, 2009

just a little find: Vermont Nut Free Chocolate

Just a little shout out to a favorite nut free company that has come to our rescue with safe treats!  My son's kindergarten class is celebrating the 100th day of school next week with a buffet of salty and sweet.  Tasty stuff, but of course I panicked madly when I heard that M&Ms are on the buffet.  Now trust me, I love M&M's but did you know that even the plain ones say "may contain peanuts!" eeks!  The issue is that they're all made on the same equipment and therefore cross contamination is an issue.

A quick phone call to my friends at Vermont Nut Free Chocolate and I've got several bags of "Skippers" on the way, along with a few Valentines pops to tuck away for the boys.  

I'm going to pick up the pretzels and popcorn for the buffet and all the other items will be safe for my son and his little friend (who also has allergies to both peanuts and treenuts.)

A salty, sweet, and safe buffet - what's better than that for little people, or really, lets be honest, big people too!

You can find Vermont Nut Free Chocolates HERE

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Mary said...

It has been many years since I've last been to Vermont. I am hoping to get up there in the summer or the fall. When I do I will certainly visit this chocolate store. I'm glad that your able to get chocoalte without worrying about it being contaminated with nuts.

Mary

Angie said...

Thanks for this info! While my kiddos aren't allergic, I like to know of food items and places to get them that are safe for my kids' classmates.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks so much for the info. My kids are severely allergic to peanuts and nuts so this is really a BIG HELP 'coz they love chocolates. :)

Anonymous said...

Great to know! I don't have an allergy, but diverticulitis and can't eat nuts.... But LOVE chocolate!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover