Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 29, 2009

All You Need is Love

I had some time to kill the other night and got to just sit and play with a new stamp set from Paper Trey Ink called "lOve sOngs."  This sweet set was designed by my friend Lisa Johnson  you may recall just how much I adore her stamp set "Remember." 

Its been really fun working with this set.... I find myself singing all the words to the various songs as I'm working.  Personally, I happen to love Stevie Wonder and James Taylor and lyrics from both of those madly talented artists are included.  My husband, well, he is a ginormous Beatles Fan.  So, I couldn't help but use the sentiment "all you need is love. love is all you need." 

I love that the sentiment fits precisely within my nestie circle - that girl's so smart!!  I stamped a little heart from the set with my Berry Sorbet ink pad and trimmed it out for the center of the sentiment.

This fun little strip of x's and o's reminds me of ribbon!  How cute is that?  I stamped it with the help of my Rock-a-Blocks.  I must say, if you don't have any, they're worth a closer look.  I love them for my larger stamps in particular... gives you a nice even impression - let me just say I've got some blocks that maybe aren't perfectly straight and leave gaps in my images... but the Rock a Blocks took care of that issue! The gridlines also make it easy to make sure your sentiments are nice and straight! The only issue I had to overcome was being careful not to ink the rails that you "rock" on by accident when inking up my image. 

That little "paper diet" of mine came into play tonight, I used Blush Blossom and Berry Sorbet and then I remembered the Perfect Match Pink Patterns paper I had stashed in a box.  The only thing I wish I had was a little bit of that Perfect Match Ribbon, but alas I've used it all up.  Drats. 

Had a big old family dance party in my kitchen last night, my boys share my love for Stevie Wonder and I crack up watching them dance around!  This morning I'm enjoying a little Stevie with my coffee and thinking of all the cute things I can make with this stamp set.  Looking forward to a little more time to play with 'lOve sOngs!"

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how CUTE!!

I love to sing and stamp...but I only do it when I'm alone because my singing is horrible, LOL!

Tracey said...

Adorable card!! Very pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Joanne...as far as I can tell, you have excellent taste in music!!

Rose Ann said...

This is totally sweet, Joanne!! I love those artists and their songs as well!! Think I *need* this set. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awe! I love this... so yummy looking!
I LOVE Stevie too.... that's one song I didn't have room for that I regret not including... "signed, sealed, delivered... I'm YOURS!" it's so fun to dance to!
have a good day girl!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover