Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 10, 2009

Year in Review Part 2

Thanks for humoring me at this look back - here's my favorites for the second half of the year.  Its been fun to review each month.  

If anything sticks out in your mind, I'd love to hear what it is that makes you come by to visit? What do you think of as my "style?"  funny how sometimes, you can't identify that for yourself....  

June:   Busy times at Gina K Designs, Asela joins the Gina K team as an illustrator and Gina introduces the "Kindred Kids." Just making this card gets me SO inspired for days at the beach with my boys this summer. 

My husband begins driving to work on his Vespa motorscooter whenever the weather permits, my eldest begins "farm camp" and I start a feature on my blog called "...just a little green..." I'm so happy that so many of you have joined me in the "greening" of my household.  I'm writing this post in January and really really missing farm fresh produce.  

Ted and I celebrate our eighth wedding anniversary. 



July:  Attended the Summer Session of CHA so many laughs, and many at my own expense. Kirsten has blackmail on me forever and ever.....  Sigh.

Came home and played in the Splitcoast "Dare to Be Dirty" challenges.  Can't believe I completed them all!  What fun!

I created one of my most favorite cards EVER using Melanie's Tiny Tees for the challenge issued by Julie Ebersole. Julie gives me a "THUD" for my card.  I nearly keel over and die from the shock of it. The card is actually in publication for Cards Magazine January issue at the moment, so I can't show it here.  

Asela releases  "Flowers for Daisy" which I used in a watercoloring challenge for the Dare to be Dirty challenges.  Oh how I love Fabriano Notecards (note to self, I'm out and need more....)


August:  Spent a week on Nantucket with my family.  We had just amazing weather, they had so much fun playing in the sand and the sea.  Attended the Boston Pops concert on the beach the night my eldest turned six.  He was amazed at the fireworks display, and getting to meet Katie Couric in person!  

I made this card with Lisa Johnson's "Remember" stamp set from Paper Trey Ink.  This was a special thank you card for a daycare client.  I'm still so sad not to see their smiling faces each morning.  








September:   

Change change change. My eldest enters Kindergarten, my youngest enters preschool.   

I created this card for the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge.  Riding Hood Red - I love thee!

I'm shocked and amazed that I've been named one of the September Guest Star Stampers for Paper Trey Ink - using one of my favorite PTI sets ever "Out on a Limb."







October:  Alma asks if I'd be her guest designer for The Cat's Pajama's.  I mean, seriously, how cute are these penguins?? 

My sweet niece is born, and I commence mass production on her birth announcements with Paper Trey Ink's Bitty Blessings. I'd share them with you, but ahem someone still hasn't mailed them......

Happy Birthday to me - thirty five!!  I have to miss the Stamping Cruise - booo - but we hold a Land Cruise for those of us here at home on the Gina K Designs forum. So much fun, so much stamping!  

I get a top secret phone call that knocks my socks off, and have to keep maybe the biggest secret EVER. (Um, scroll to November...)

November:  Oh my goodness! I'm a Dirty Girl!  
I finally can announce my big secret - and show all the cards that I've been hiding in the Dirty Dozen November Gallery!  Joining me as my roomie in the Dirt Pile is the madly talented, and completely hilarious Bev Rousch.  I'm looking forward to six months playing with the girls, and stamping my brains out!

This is the card I made for the Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni challenge "Thankful Hearts."  Goodness knows my heart is SO very thankful for this opportunity!


December:  Most of my stamping time this month is dedicated to the production of 100 hand stamped Christmas cards, and of course my cards for the Dirty Dozen gallery which is themed "Obscure Holidays".  

SCS opens the December Gallery to ALL members of SCS instead of only Fan Club Members.  

I did get some stamping just for fun in this month despite Christmas shopping and preparations... I adored getting to play with these originally sized Elzybells from the UK.  

2008 has been a wonderful wonderful adventure.  It will be tough to beat.  I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for me!  Mostly though, I'm so honored to have you all pop by to visit!  Thanks for the company!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Riley said...

I love them all !!!! It is so much fun to see these (I may have to copy you!). Joanne, your style brings me back to each and every post. You have a knack for taking a simple idea and making it look grand ... kind of like Martha Stewart does ... kwim?! Your ideas are always fresh and creative, and your readers can easily tell that your projects are of the highest quality. Happy 2009!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

If I had to describe your style, Jo, I'd say 'Soft, sweet and clean.' Loved every single one of your favorites. And no, I'm not going to tell you, so don't even try! :)

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your blog. I love your cards! Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

Melisa Hunter

Rachel said...

More great cards! They are truly fantastic!

Sew Club said...

Bwahahahahaha!! (evil grin here) :)

Love all the cards, but I especially loved meeting you! Hugs, and hope to see you in my territory in a few months!

Jodi said...

Hi Joanne,
Your work is beautiful!! You are extremely talented!

Hope to see you soon!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You've had quite an amazing year. Congratulations on all of your wonderful accomplishments....you deserve each and every one.

Have a great 2009!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

You rocked, every month and every post. I know I've told you before, but I lOVE your style. keep up the hard work and keep sharing!

Bev said...

Happy Newy Year to you roomie!! And yes, November..what a month! Love,
-Bev

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover