Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 9, 2009

Looking back on 2008

I've really been enjoying everyone's Year in Review throughout Blogland, so I thought I'd take the time to peek through all my past posts and post some of my favorite projects, and milestones too!

January:

Worked as a Prettie Girl to help launch a new stamp line introducing that sweet little Sophia!!  What an exciting adventure.  In writing this, I realize that Sophia is about to turn one! Congratulations Pretties!

This is my favorite project from January, which I created for Jen's Sketch for You To Try.




February:

In February of last year, I attended CHA in sunny California with the Prettie Girls.  Was totally overwhelmed by the size of the show - for those of you going later this month, its ginormous!  

It was so great to finally meet my team mates in person for the first time and got to meet so many of my stamping idols too! I'm so sad that I can't go this year....

In February, I also had my first launch for Gina K Designs as a Guest Designer. 






March: In March, I was truly honored to have been asked to be Jen's Guest Designer for her Sketch For You to 
Try! Its no secret I love Jen's sketches, and I was thrilled to get to play on "the team" for a month!! 

My favorite card from March for my blog was this fun little card for Paper Pretties using "Look Who's Perky."  

This is when I discovered that I love to make clean and simple cards.  I now try to challenge myself to make one every month.

March also celebrated my one year Blog-a-versary. I can't believe I'm closing in on my second year of writing!
 




April: 

In April, I was absolutely overjoyed to have been asked to join the MFT Team as a guest designer.  This is still, one of my very favorite stamp sets.  I tucked this card away and used it for my Mom on Mother's Day.  It uses paper from my well documented addiction to Scenic Route's paper.  












May:

In May, I was asked to join the Gina K Design Team as a Senior Design Team member. I'd LOVED working with Gina on the Guest Team so I was thrilled to be able to stay on.  This card was made with the Kindred Kids series of individual stamps.  I just love this card, its such a departure from my usual girly style, but reflects my boys, my husband and their love of "Nature Walks."  I tucked this card away for Father's Day for him.

Travelled to sunny Arizona with my family for Mother's Day. What a wonderful present to my whole family! 

My first card is published in "Stamp It Cards." Squealing with delight even still! What a rush.

Girls weekend with my college roomies on the Cape.  So many laughs.  So much money spent at Colorful Creations.  

I'll have my post tomorrow with my favorites and many more milestones from July through December.  Thank you all for humoring me with this look back, but thank you too for all your support, visits and comments.  

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

Wow Joanne, you accomplished so much in the first half of last year. Congratulations!!!
Thanks for a fun road trip today. Could it have been any better...great company, great store, great stamps, and the absolute best was how your little man got excited at the pretty stamp images! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, thank you so much for highlighting the first part of your year! You are truly somethin', my friend!

From one of your biggest fans.

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!! I love your work, and it's fun to see your favorites!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous journey down memory lane, Joanne!!! You've come a long way, baby!!! :)

Rachel said...

Love reading your highlights of the first half of 2008 and enjoyed seeing the cards again. Always loved your style. Can't wait for the next half!:)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover