Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 8, 2009

Just Keep Stampin'

While this is a crafty post, I think it also qualifies as a green post too!  This project for me was an exercise in just continuing to use what was already on my desk, worked on eliminating that stash of mine (including some retired SU Soft Sky ribbon and cardstock) and putting all my leftovers to work. You'll find retired paper, scraps, and gasp, stamps that hadn't yet seen ink. 

I have so many Thank You notes to write.  Tell me again how it is that I'm constantly needing cards, and never have the ones I need on hand??  I don't know how that happens.
I actually even wandered into a Hallmark store with the thoughts of buying a few packs ready made.  But when I got to the section I thought "You must be joking, with the amount of cardstock I have, clearly I need to just MAKE them."  Yet, after making my Christmas cards, I'm just done with mass production. Yuck.

So, in order to get the job done, and still have fun, here's what I've been doing.  I got this amazing paper "October Afternoon Hometown" from my friend Lisa at Right At Home.  So, I've been putting it to good use over and over, but never making exactly the same card twice.  Its been SO fun.

I've relied on some of my go to sketches, and played with lots of my stamps, some of which haven't seen ink before now.  Here's what I've got so far:

Card One:  Scalloped Trim, "Think Happy Thoughts" stamp set, rounded off corners.  Basic, quick and easy - a good start.

Card Two:  I was reminded of this fun layout from my friend Karen.  This layout is originally from Kristina Werner, and one of my all time favorites!  

I used "Think Happy Thoughts" again this time with a jumbo eyelet through the middle, then I grosgrain bow through the center.  Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock for my base. Love that! Makes for such a strong card.

Card Three:   Kim Hughes stamps from CHF including "Pretty Birds" and "The Landing Pad" were handy on my desk, and the colors were just perfect. During this I ran the air out of my Copic aircan and went to Carpe Diem to purchase some refills. I've been having a LOT of fun playing with it! 

Card Four:   Very minimally designed.... but on purpose.  I was going for that clean - lotsa whitespace look, but with a fun punch of black.  Was feeling a bit too minimal, so I added a paper pierced border just along the top of the designer paper.

Card Five: Picked up that fun Kristina layout again but added more layers including the black and white houndstooth the the card base for an extra layer and a bigger pop of black over all.  Added one of my favorite sentiments from Verve Visual and a Soft Sky grosgrain bow.

Card Six:  Thought that this paper would be fun to color my Pink Poison "Cup of Stuff" stamps very vividly.  I love the way I've been seeing everyone trim images lately, rather than trimming exactly, leaving a smallish border all around.  Loving this new little trick! 

Card Seven: I posted the other day on my "Hometown Owls" post....

Still have paper, wonder how many more I can do....

So, I dare you.  Just keep stampin' how many different cards can you make with the same papers, just keep switching layouts and stamps???? If you try it, be sure to come post me a link so I can see it!  Have fun!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers girl, love all your cards.

Pegg S said...

What a great idea! I need to do this.. never have any cards on hand and it also solves the problem of having little random sheets of DP laying around! If I use it up - I can buy more ;)

Denise said...

Very beautiful set of cards.

Nancy Riley said...

I love this idea, Joanne! Your cards display a wonderful example! Very well done (as always!).

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Can I just say how much I love your cards and blog. You do such beautiful work.

Sew This N That said...

What a great idea, Joanne :0)
I have a few thankyou cards to make so I will have to give it a try :0)
Thanks for the inspiration.
**Hugs** Heather x

Joy said...

Oh my! These turned out so cute!!!!

Norine said...

love them all couldnt pick just one LOL
Hugs
Norine

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover