Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 7, 2009

Its time to Hop!

Thanks for hopping on over my way for the My Favorite Things blog hop for the January release.  If you just happened to trip across this little blog hop, you'll want to start over at Kim's blog to find your way all the way through so that you don't miss anything.  

I've got two previews for you today because I've really just had a blast with the new releases, I couldn't step away from the stamps!


I love browsing Stephanie Fizers blog, her owl paintings are among my very favorites.  I was so thrilled when I found that I'd get to stamp with them in the new "Owl for All Seasons" stamp set which will be released Wednesday night from My Favorite Things Presents. 

Its just freezing here in Massachusetts, so, I'm loving springy stamping to cheer me up!  I had the idea to make a sweet set of Valentines Owls.  I grabbed a handful of Prismacolor Pencils and my Sonoma Paper from Scenic Route.

I stamped the owls directly to my die cut, and then stamped the bodies twice more.  
I popped up their bodies one level, and then their sweet little faces another level on top of that.

The Pearlescent Chocolate ink from Brilliance was heat set with clear embossing powder and the background and the owls were colored with pencil, then blended with OMS and blending stumps.  Oh goodness, it seems I can't make anything without a button, bow combination. Giggle.  

Another adorably cute and irresistible critter will be released tonight, and that's Valentine Flopsey. 

I mean really, how SWEET is this little guy?  Flopsey comes with a variety of sentiments that you can pop onto the lid of his little candy box.  

This little buddy was stamped with Memento Ink, then colored with my Copics and then die cut with my Labels Two Nesties.  I used my Rouge paper from making Memories, it is just such a sweet color!  Its finished off with, you've got it, a button and gingham bow. 

Thanks so much for hopping by today, your next stop will be the ever talented Jody - I'm off there right now to see what she's cooked up, she always amazes me.  I just love Blog hop days to see what everyone has come up with.  

Hope you'll join us tonight on the My Favorite Things Member Company Forum tonight for release party fun, challenges, and as always, loads of new previews!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover