Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 6, 2009

Hometown Owls

I have a special post written up for Thursday, which combines my love of "bein' green" with my love of paper crafting. I'll have six other cards that I made with this paper "Hometown" from October Afternoon.

But since this one is a preview for "An Owl for All Seasons" I thought I'd post this card now, and share all the others after the MFT launch.

This layout may be familiar to you, its originally from Kristina Werner and is one of my go to favorites.  

I thought that the birds would be so springy and cheery with bodies to coordinate with this paper, I chose Old Olive and Soft Sky from Stampin Up to coordinate with the designer paper.  Luckily, I have lots of Soft Sky left, and loads of that beautiful stitched ribbon.

Once the birds were all colored in, I decided they could use a little Pearlescent Watercolors to shine them up.  Wish you could see how pretty they are in real life.  

I'm wishing that I hadn't spent all the gas my aircan for my Copic airbrush as it would quickly spray in a soft sky.....I could mask and sponge in a sky,  I'm working on a boatload of thank you cards, and the point is to move quickly and keep creating.  (I've got a new aircan making its way to me and should have it in a few days... just love that tool!)

Hope you'll come back tomorrow for MFT previews, as well as on Thursday for many cards with this lovely Hometown paper.

--------
My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, January 7th from 9-10 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are FOUR new sets being released including a Who's that Girl set that is Maid for You!

Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.


 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover