Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 6, 2009

Loving Thee...

I've been having so much fun with my new My Favorite Things stamps the last few days.  While I do totally adore the knight and the dragon in this set titled "Good Knight"  I was so drawn to the castle that I went in a totally different direction than I'd originally planned.

So, I scrapped my original idea, grabbed my eclipse masking tape, this beautiful piece of  Collage Press designer paper and got to work!

I stamped the castle image four times, and I popped up the various layers to add lots of dimension to the castle.

I created a soft background by masking my first layer, and then sponging with inks to create the background scene.  

I've been loving all the banners that Anna Wight has been making, and I used her technique to echo the shape of the flowing banners on top of the castles to place my sentiment.  

This time, instead of the ribbon/bow combination that I've been hooked on, I used a paper flower, button, twine bow and then the last of my Mark Richards self adhesive pearls.  I just love those...    I did actually use ribbon on the card, but it is the super wide width SU Pink Pirouette ribbon, that I used as a layer instead of tying it at all.  

All of this month's stamps are just so fun to play with!  I tell you Kim manages to out do herself every month!  What's YOUR favorite so far?  

Starting tonight at midnight, we'll have a Blog Hop where many of the Design Team members will have previews for you, and I always love bopping around to see what everyone has done.  Just one more sleep till they'll be available for sale!  

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

This is gorgeous Jo...Can't wait to see the whole set!!!!

Karen Motz said...

Who would have thought a castle could look SO pretty!!! LOVE all the layers and again, this photo doesn't do the card justice. I've seen it IRL and it's amazing!

Dawn Easton said...

Such a CUTE card Joanne! Love the layering and your sentiment is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love all the dimension (and the pink)!

Tracey said...

This is such a pretty card Joanne!!

whoistracy said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the soft colors.

Anonymous said...

This is a really great card and I am with Karen, who would of thought of a castle for a card, but this is wicked!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover