Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 5, 2009

Just a little green in my wine glass.....

Thanks to my friend Audra, I have a great green find for you!  I tried several organic wines this past summer when our "green adventure" began.  And being a wine snob, I turned my nose up.

I really wanted to like them, but they just didn't measure up to my "regulars" no matter how much I wanted to like them.  After chucking a few bottles, I gave up, and decided I'd wait a little for the green movement to deliver me a really tasty bottle of vino.  Now I'm sure there are MANY out there, my local shop just didn't have a nice variety of them yet! 

I'm very happy to report that I found one that suits both my palette, and my green criteria! (Thanks Audra!)  Bonterra Vineyards. (I'm enjoying a very cold glass of Chardonnay as I write this.... ) Its yummy and buttery - so tasty.  The label states that the winery and grapes have been certified by the California Certified Organic Farmers.  

When we travelled to Arizona last year, we stayed at a fully organic resort, and they had many delicious wines to choose from.  Do you think I remembered to write down a single name... sadly, not.  Do you have an organic wine that you'd recommend? I'd love to hear about it!    ''

Thanks Audra, I'll bring a bottle to our next ladies night, you'll LOVE it!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

audra k said...

So glad you liked it. I also had a bottle of Frey Chardonnay recently. Very good as well!

Leah said...

Sounds yum! Being a wine snob myself, I'm always on the lookout for a good bottle, so I'll have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, unfortunately I have not had any organic wine yet, but I will keep testing them for you and report back!!! LOL Like you, I am a wine snob but the Italian ones. We went to Italy this past summer and enjoyed much to much of it!! But I will continue my research for you!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover