Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 11, 2009

Love Owl-Ways - Embossed Hardware

I'm still playing with my Powder Keg Embossing powder.  This week, I tried it out on some bronze hardware I had in my stash.  First, I dipped it into my Versamark pad, then coated up my hardware to this pearlescent chocolate finish.  It has such a warm patina to it, I'm lovin' it!

For anyone that is interested, I have done a tutorial on the MFT "How'd They Do That" forum showing step by step how to change up the embellies you already have on hand to give them a special finish for your projects!

I got my printer all hooked back up after some crazy computer trouble here at home last week.  And, the very first thing I did was download and print this Chocolate Kiss Digital Paper pack from MFT.  

You'll see I also am still on a Kraft paper binge!  I stamped the birds and the branch to Kraft, then stamped the birdies again to a scrap of white paper.  While you can color with  Copics on the Kraft, it isn't the best for blending.  So I colored the owls separately and then added them back in place.  

This is my sample for Jen Del Muro's Sketch for You To Try this week.  

I had such trouble with the double embellie on the top left hand corner of the card.  What I really wished I had was some sort of flourish punch or diecut, and tried every sort of button, flower combination for that top corner.  Finally I added a little ribbon tab added a paper flower, embossed hardware, button, thread combo on top of that.

Have a wonderful day! Me, I'm off to work on a few more Valentines!  

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover