Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 12, 2009

Kindergarten Valentines!

I've been busy making valentines for my son's classmates and teachers all week.  Twenty two in the kindergarten, two teachers and then three preschool teachers.  Lucky for me the preschool class doesn't do valentines till next year! Whew!

My mom suggested I just go out and just buy some, but honestly, given the amount of materials I already had in my basement, that would be a crime!

Instead, I forced myself to just streamline the process, and come up with some clean and simple designs.  I put my new lOve sOngs stamp set from Paper Trey Ink to work and made one design for the boys, and one for the girls. 

Since I'm on a "paper diet" this was a great excuse to dig into my scraps and some papers that were even previously untouched! 

By keeping the designs simple, and going into mass production mode, I was able to get them done very quickly.  I cut all the paper one night, then cut nesties while we watched TiVo another night, then stamped all the images another night and then one afternoon I sat and adhered all the fronts to the card bases.

To save on cardstock since I know that these will end up in the trash (oh the horror) I created cute card fronts and attached them to confetti white cardstock - I had LOTS and didn't want to dig into my colored cardstock too much for this project. 

This third card, the red, kraft and black card, is the one that I'll tuck inside my little guys bag for him to open in school on Friday during their class celebration. 

I'll be back with teacher cards tomorrow!

My word of advice to those doing projects with children. Have them sign the cardbases FIRST then adhere your main panels. That way if they decide to make a mess of the inside you can just hand them another card base and save your pretty card! I learned that lesson the hard way last year when my son scribbled ALL OVER a finished valentine!

Supplies:

All cards use lOve sOngs stamp set from Paper Trey Ink.

Girls Card: Sweet Blush, Pink Patterns and Spring Moss stitched grosgrain ribbon.  Berry Sorbet ink for balloon image. Oval nestie.

Boys Card: Lemon Tart ink for ice cream top, Pure Poppy for cherry, Brilliance Pearlescent chocolate ink for sentiment (from Stamp a Sweet Impression) and ice cream cone.  Curvy rectangles Nestie

Love Note: Pure poppy cardstock, stitched grosgrain ribbon and ink, Fresh Snow ink, Basic Black and Kraft cardstocks and slit punch (Stampin Up) P


8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

These are absolutely adorable Joanne!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable, Joanne!! I especially love the red one!

Karen Motz said...

These are great Joanne. It really is a shame they'll likely end up in the trash.

jacque4u2c said...

They are stunning! So much better then anything you can buy in the store! They will treasure these cards.

Spress said...

Joanne,
LOL--I'm a K teacher....and I won't tell you how they are HANDLED! They are gorgeous, but I even chose NOT to make my own student ones. They are getting the mini-necco heart boxes from me! Allergy safe (in my class) and a nice sweet treat for HOME! It is a fun day though!
Jess

Rose Ann said...

They're all so darling, Joanne!!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky class! They are all so perfect.

Jessie/knightrone said...

How super cute girl!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover