Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 13, 2009

Have a Happy Heart

In addition to baking treats for the kindergarten Valentines celebration, and making cards for the kids, I've also been working on some Valentine treats for the teachers.  

Since I'm short on time, with a very long to do list, I'm so happy that I thought ahead and picked up twelve of these Tote Bags from Jody's Die Cuts for Sale page.  Trust me when I say they go together so quickly with the teeniest bit of adhesive.

I paper pieced this sweet little mouse from Stampin' Up and colored his body with my Copic markers.  I put my little tag punches to work, they've been sitting idle a seriously long time, but they're just the right size for this little project!

Tuck your bag inside the assembled box, fill it, wrap a quick ribbon, slide on a tag and a fun little stamped panel and shazam! Valentines!

My three year old has been sick the last few days and suddenly burst into tears watching me make these.  When I asked him what was wrong, he replied that I didn't have any valentines for HIM.  I said that of course, I did, but that he just hasn't seen them yet.  Turns out, what he's looking for is Conversation Heart candies.  His little heart was broken when I told him that they're made with corn and he can't have them.  Broke his heart, which in turn broke mine.

So this morning, we're off to the supermarket, then we'll be making sugar cookies, cutting them with heart shaped cookie cutters and adding our own letter decorations to cheer him up.  Drats for all these food oriented holidays, guess what else is made with corn... jelly beans.  I'm going to start now looking for Easter replacements.  I also feel a toy purchase coming on because I'd SO much rather buy him a toy than candy....  I'm sure he won't disagree.  

Have a wonderful Valentines day!  See you Monday!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Norine said...

how sweet is this great job
Hugs
Norine

Karen Motz said...

This is REALLY darling Joanne!

Allison said...

This is so cute! Love the colours.

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute, Joanne!

The story about your 3 year old made me tear up. LOL Poor baby! YOu're a good Mommy for making a substitute for conversation hearts! Sweetie!

Carolyn King said...

what a sweet treat presentation. Just breaks my heart about your little guy's comments, though.

Hugs and many thanks for the sweet words you left on my blog.

Shemaine Smith said...

Your treats are neat!(that's supposed to sound like those silly punched out valentines we gave away as kids...LOL Happy Valentine's Day!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover