Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 17, 2009

Easter Blessings

Today I have a card to share from last week's Gina K Designs release.  This is a card that I made using Rupa's new set "Easter Blessings"  

To make this multi-colored cross I used my Stampin' Up markers to ink directly to the stamp. I used So Saffron for the cross, and then Old Olive and Pretty in Pink for the vine and flowers.

Once I had the elements all inked, I huffed to remoisten the ink and stamped to my Gina K Pure Luxury Ivory Cardstock.  To give some extra dimension to the cross, I used my Versamarker to ink apply Versamark only to the cross, then I coated it with embossing powder and heat embossed.

I've intentionally left this without a sentiment, it could be used for an Easter card, for a first communion card or for a baptismal card. I love to have cards on hand that I can add the sentiments to as I need them. 

You've heard me rave about Gina K's Pure Luxury cardstock before, but I'm simply thrilled that it now comes in Ivory as well. Be sure to check it out in both layering and base weights. I love having an ivory paper to use with my Copic markers, and for cardbases.  Between the white and ivory Luxury Cardstock offerings, I've got a cardbase to match all my patterned papers.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to head on over to StampTV to check out the daily challenges Monday through Friday each week. Each challenge comes with a chance at a free stamp set for one lucky participant, and, now if you use Gina K Designs stamps in your creation, your name will be entered twice into the prize drawing! 

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS! I love that there's no sentiment! ... the beautiful cross makes the statement all on it's own! LOVE the yellow!

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!

Char in So Cal

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, and I love the colors...Joanne!!

Alex said...

This is beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Michelle Forrest said...

This is beautiful!

Lauren said...

this is beautiful, i love it. baptism, 1st communion, confirmation, particularly easter, but it would make a good sympathy card too (not to be morose or anything).

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover