Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 25, 2009

Watercolored Iris


After Cindy's fantastic class on watercoloring at Stamp New England, I was excited to come home grab a Ninji waterbrush, and play with Elegant Flowers from the Gina K Stamp TV Floral Frenzy kit.  

I stamped the image to watercolor paper with Stazon Ink and then got to work. The only problem was that I didn't have any purple or deep blue inks for watercoloring the image.  

However, I simply adore browsing for inspiration on Flickr, so lucky for me, I was able to find an inspiration piece of an iris in exactly my favorite color.  PINK!

I love that with the variety of images in the Floral Frenzy kit you can find an image to suit just about any technique you're wanting to play with.  Its Wednesday, which means that Gina has a new episode and a new technique to share over on Stamp TV.  Have you been following along?  I am so excited that we're already over 3,000 members in such a short amount of time. Isn't that incredible? Although given the amazing quality of the videos, Gina's legendary service and of course, her super cute little smile, I'm not in the least bit surprised!

I hope you'll join me over on Stamp TV - don't forget, every week day brings a new challenge, each with the chance at a free stamp set for one lucky winner! Hope to see you there!

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kim said...

Beautiful card Joanne! And you're using some of my favorite paper!!

Tricia T said...

This is beautiful, Joanne! I love the colors - they're restful.

Cat Tidwell said...

This is sooo gorgeous Joanne! Wonderful watercoloring! and those colors ROCK!

I so agree with you about Gina's videos, I have learned so much from them and could just listen to her all day! LOL!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is GORGEOUS, girl! LOVE the pink irises...yummmm! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Joanne! Love your watercoloring!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is truly stunning. You can color with everything!

Molly B said...

Really pretty! Love those colors and the stitching really adds a lot to the card. The iris look awesome, great watercoloring. -Molly B

Chrissy's Creations said...

Simply Beautiful!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous card.... absolutely love the layout.

Jodi Collins said...

Holy CANNOLI! This is GORGEOUS!!! You are just JAM PACKED with talent my friend!!! HUGS!!

Alex said...

This is beautiful Joanne! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne!!

Lauren said...

Was about to say, "silly sister, that's lovely but irises are purple" until i saw the flickr picture... The paper is gorgeous and the coloring well done. like the stitching. not a huge fan of the hardware on the sentiment, but otherwise Truly Lovely.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover