Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 1, 2009

Blog Hop Wednesday - Cuddle up with Carter

I hope you've been having fun hopping along today.  If you haven't come here via my adorable friend Kirsten's blog, then you'll want to head on over to Kim's blog and hop all the way through back to me!

You may remember the sweet "Night Night Ellie" set that was released last month.  You can imagine, that as a mother of two young boys, I was thrilled to pieces that there was a companion set in the works titled "Cuddle up Carter." 

This set, illustrated by Stephanie Fizer, is My Favorite Things latest charity set.  $2.00 from every set sold over the next 6 months will benefit kids with Cerebral Palsy (like Carole's son, carter) via the non-profit Euro Peds Clinic in Pontiac, Michigan

I stamped Carter to my very most favorite designer paper for little boy projects, Crate Paper Cowboy.  I used that paper for the main panel, as well as for the paper piecing. 

I added strips of designer paper to the inside and stitched them together too.  I added a sentiment and a little stamped frog to the inside too.  Instead of a lunchbox card this week, my little guy is going to find this on his pillow tonight.  

Speaking of tonight, I hope to see you over at the My Favorite Things Member Company Forum for a quick chat from 9-10pm EST when the latest stamp sets will be released!  And, also be sure to check out the Top Eight creations for the My Favorite Things Stamping Idol Contest! Don't forget to cast your vote, the polls will be open till 10pm EST! I'm always amazed by what these girls submit each week!  

Now, the next stop on today's blog hop is Candice!  I'll meet race you over there to see what she's come up with today!!

28 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super sweet Joanne!! I love it!!

StampOwl said...

this is so sweet Joanne

Carolyn King said...

simply adorable. love that stamp--he is such a cutie!

Christina Fischer said...

This is so sweet, Joanne! I love the colors you used!

Amy Sheffer said...

Sweet as can be!

JessicaK said...

Love the card, Joanne. And I'm glad Ellie now has a playmate, too :D

Heather "Hev" said...

Awesome Boys card :)

Lisa H. said...

totally cute! I think his blankie is my fave part of the card!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Your coloring and blending is spectacular - so well done. I adore the pieced blanket too. Perfect plaid pattern for a boy.

Kim said...

So stinkin' sweet!

Molly B said...

Ah, Cute! Love the way you did the ribbon and buttons. -Molly B

Cindy Haffner said...

Joanne your card is so sweet.

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love how you paper pieced his blanket. Awesome!

Kerry Johnson said...

So adorable!! I am loving the layered ribbon! I'm psyched about the boy sets this month!

Scrappy said...

Too sweet!

Karen B said...

I love your stitching. You've done it perfectly. Don't ya' just want to hug him? Thanks
Karen

Melody said...

Really cute carad Joanne! Love the colors.

Angie Williams said...

This is so cute! My DS is Carter and he is a blankie baby too!

Annie said...

Gorgeous card and that Carter stamp is divine.

Ann xxx

Betty J Schaub said...

awe how sweet. after reading about Carol's son, this stamp is even more special.

Candice said...

This is SO precious, Joanne!! I know exactly what you mean about this release - I am LOVING these boy sets!! ;)

Karen Motz said...

He's simply adorable!!!

Kelli Hull said...

Carter is SO adorable... I have to ahve him and my boy is 17...18 in July!

Anonymous said...

Another awesome Carter card...I love the patterned paper you used and the color combo is cool!

sandyh50 said...

So Cute, Joanne, I love the DP and the blankie!

shel9999 said...

Super sweet, Joanne! I love the softness of it!

Tracey said...

Such a sweet card Joanne!! Love it!

Lynn said...

love the paper and love the card! That image is too cute!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover