Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 27, 2009

Need a challenge?

If you're looking for a little something to work on today, I'm currently hostessing challenges for both Gina K Designs and My Favorite Things!

First up is my Stamp TV Potluck Friday Challenge - No Squares Allowed!!
Did you know that all the Stamp TV challenges are open for a full week? And that each one offers a chance at a free stamp set valued $24.95 or less?  Get going! 

My challenge is open till this coming Friday morning and I can't wait to see what you create.  You just can't make a standard square or rectangular card.  I chose a scalloped circle card, so fun and easy to create with my nesties!

I used the beautiful new sentiment set from Gina K Designs titled "Notes to Mom" isn't this font GORGEOUS?  The flowers are from the Tropical Flowers set which has become a new go to set for me.  I stamped the sentiment first, then overstamped with the flowers.  

They are inked with a combination of the Memento Dew Drops.  Then I sponged all the edges with Distress Ink while my circle was tucked into my nestie to preserve the nice ivory debossed edge.  In a few places I went a little too heavy with the distress ink, so I added a little bit of white craft ink to soften it out.  

You can join me for the No Squares Allowed challenge HERE

My Favorite Things Who's that Girl Challenge - Rain or Shine!

Since its Monday, I'm also hostessing the My Favorite Things Who's That Girl Challenge with Christina!  This week, the selected WTG is "Rain or Shine" and the challenge part is to use six brads or more on your project!  

Luckily, we've had lots of shine here in Boston the last few days, I'm so done with RAIN!

I'm in paper love with the Bittersweet from Basic Grey, so I used that for both her cute little rain coat and her boots too.  I also added a scrap to the inside of the card along with my sentiment. "Friends Brighten Your Day."  I used Amy Sheffer's How'd They Do That tutorial on paper pleating for a fun treatment across the bottom of my card.  I love doing that, and its such a fun little treatment.  I just sewed it right in place with my janome and then added a quick ribbon knot.  

Have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Molly B said...

Wow, your a busy lady! I have my first ever sets of Gina K on the way as I type (what took me so long?!). I am going to have to do the anything but a square challenge. I hope the USPS hurries up with my goodies! Enjoy the sunshine, we have been spoiled here in Maine too. -Molly B

Rose Ann said...

Your shaped Mother's Day card is so pretty, and I love the pleats on your MFT card!! Both are fabulous, Joanne!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow hunny both of these cards are stunning, i love the paper pleating on the second card, i love that technique, must use it again soon! thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Linda x

Chrissy's Creations said...

I love the pleats. Great colors and as always a fabulous card.

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! These are awesome cards!! Love the circle design and the pleats with ribbon are fantastic on the second one! Beautiful work!

Lisa_in_AR said...

Love them both! Nice work!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover