Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 20, 2009

A Penny Lane Wee Tee

Are you ready for the previews for this month's release at Gina K Designs to begin? Get this, there will be SEVEN stamp sets released this coming Thursday night!

Up first are previews for a new set from Melanie titled Wee Tees and in true Melanie form there are 100 million ways to customize the stamp set depending on what sort of baby card you need to make.

Me, I fell back on my favorite technique, stamping to patterned paper to make little designer onesies!  

I am in LOVE with the new My Minds Eye collection titled Penny Lane.  I had to throw in a piece of this polka dotted paper from October Afternoon too.  Everything is stitched down. Seems lately I *can't* make a card without pulling out my sewing machine.  

I added shadows to the insides of the onesie by darkening those areas with my Versamarker for a tone on tone effect.  This fun sketch is courtesy of Jen at i{heart}2stamp.com - I always love her weekend sketches, they're just the right start to a project!  

I'll have another preview for you on Wednesday and then more to share with you at the launch party!  Hope you can join us Thursday night from 7-10pm CST for chit chat, challenges, contests and lots of eye candy on the Splitcoast Member Company forum!

You'll find even more previews from Gina and the Design Team for both this set, and another titled "Guiding Light" from Rupa.  Be sure to hop on over to visit: 

Gina, Asela, Erika Jessica, Donna, Kurtis, Cindy, Carolyn, Melanie, Theresa and our Spotlight Designer this month - Beverly Cole!

17 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cat Tidwell said...

Omg Joanne! I am loving you 'designer' onesie!! Tooo cute! Love that paper too, is perfect for this!

Carolyn King said...

plum adorable!!! i love that dp too!!!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. Each one I see is making me love the set more and more.

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Joanne! You are a genius with designer paper.

Sharri said...

Joanne, What an adorable card! I love the designer paper!

Melanie said...

hot cute papers!! like beautiful gymboree clothes, n the skecth rocks!:)

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful...I love the DP and your image is adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Virgo5 said...

Oh this is soooo pretty! I see why you love that paper, very nice!
TFS Laurie

Tamara said...

Very cute! I also love piecing with these types of images. It's great to have so many options of designer paper that can be turned into designer clothes.

Jan Castle said...

Very nicely done Joanne! Such a pretty card...and a great choice of the paper
Jan Castle

Cindy Lawrence said...

So fresh and springy, Joanne! Love it! Your sewing is DA BOMB as always! :)))

Beverly said...

OK Joanne.. so, I'm wondering when I can just come over to your house so you can show me how to use my sewing machine like that!! If only I could sew a straight line.. or you lived closer (one or the other) I LOVE this! I love the paper piecing - excellent!

Amy Sheffer said...

Darling! Love the pieced onesie and all the fabulous stitching. Please DON'T put your sewing machine away - LOL!

Libby Hickson said...

So cute!!

Renee said...

Very cute...love all the bg paper and the colors :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable! Love the stitching on this. Makes me want to take out my sewing machine and stitch on my cards. (will have to practice though!)

Anonymous said...

How pretty Joanne!!
Good to find yoru blog!
Kimmiek

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover