Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 22, 2009

She calls the shots.....


You may remember that my friend Carolyn illustrated a sassy little set last year called Doctor Feelgood.  

You also might remember that my friend Carole turned him into Dr Gene Simmons for her Guest Designer project for Gina K Designs.  And now, she's illustrated Nurse Feelgood.

As I was photographing this, a little girl I watch asked... "Who are you sending the nurse card to? Did you have to get a shot?"  For a fleeting moment I thought about hand delivering a version of this sans nurses cap to the dental assistant who shut off my nitrous oxide too early during my oral surgery last week...was I ever MAD!!

With a little masking, you could easily change Nurse Feelgood into a female Doctor Feelgood, or a teacher, camp counselor etc.  I'm already eagerly anticipating what fun Carole might have with Nurse Feelgood.  I'm envisioning her making a female companion for Dr Gene Simmons ...  you know like one of those raunchy girls from the Rock of Love.  

My eldest has finally turned a corner and while I wouldn't say he's an adventurous eater, he's at least willing to try things. For us, this is HUGE news and he's thrilled to tell his pediatrician about it.  I'll be masking off the hat, turning this into a female Dr Feelgood and letting him share the news with his doctor!

Don't forget to hop on over to visit Gina's Blog she'll have previews of both this set, as well as the other set being unveiled today, "Notes to Mom."  

You'll also find previews from Theresa,  Erika,  Jessica,  Donna,  Carolyn,  Melanie,  KurtisCindyEmily, and Beverly our Spotlight Designer this month.

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kristi said...

LOVE this set...I think I have made all the round to see what everyone is making with this great set!!!

Melanie said...

hee hee!! yeah, let carole be "the bad guy" ;)

adorable card, great story!

Sharri said...

Beautiful card Joanne! OMG, I would be mad too!How did you get your son to try different food? I have a very picky eater and she will not try anything!

Sonya said...

Very cute, Joanne! :)
You are in my top ten nominations for a blog badge! Come check it out here: http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your stories and inspiration!

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

Cat Tidwell said...

LOL! I thouht I was gonna see a naughty one! haha! This is awesome Joanne, how did you make them big scallop edges?? LOVE it!

Allison said...

Great card! Love what everyone is doing with this set!

Beverly said...

oooo.. I love this one!! Red is my FAVE color!

Lori said...

Cute card! I wouldn't give that dental assistant a card though, phooey to her!!!

Carolyn King said...

This is fabulous girl!!! Thanks so much...what a great card!!! (pssst...i am telling Carole! lol!)

asela said...

Beautiful samples this week! Love them all

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover