Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 5, 2009

Feelin Groovy?

Today I've got a little sample for Jen's Sketch for You To Try this week.  I was feeling like playing with my "Hippiechickabella" so I rifled through my papers to find lots of funky, assorted papers to work with this sketch.  

I stamped the image three times, once to white cardstock for my copic work, then again to a scrap of Kiwi Kiss for her vest, and a third time to the Basic Grey patterned paper to paper piece her t-shirt.  

When I use plain paper for my paper piecing, I like to give it a little something extra to give it some texture.  On this piece, I then sponged the vest with Kiwi Kiss ink before I trimmed it out, and then sanded the pieces with a nail file to give it a little dimension.  I used scraps of the same sponged paper for her knee patches.  

Since my main panel was a bit large as compared to the sketch, I'd cut into the available space to add a fun little ribbon treatment to the top of the card.  Then upon further reflection, I decided that a little linen thread and a button would be more suitable for both the layout, and the theme anyways... this doesn't look like a ribbony girl to me! giggle.

All the edges are distressed with my edge distresser. I just love that thing!  Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm off to work on my Bellariffic Friday sample for the week!! 

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover