Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 25, 2009

Gina K June Previews Continue: Many Wishes and The Journey

I've been so excited for today to show you this amazing new set from Gina K Designs, it is this month's One Free with Three set titled "Many Wishes."  I totally adore these dandion blooms (at least the stamped ones... I don't so much enjoy them in my yard!) 

I've been on a kick lately creating little stamped pieces to use as decorations in various rooms in my house.  It is such an affordable way to add a little handmade touch.  

I picked up a small black frame at AC Moore this weekend.  I believe it was a $7 frame and then was 40% off.  It was just a plain black frame.  I took the glass out and then using some Making Memories scrapbook paint that I have in my stash added a coat of paint and set it aside to dry. 

While I was waiting for the paint to dry, I stamped the blooms with white pigment ink and added the stems with Kiwi Kiss ink.  The sentiment "happiness" was added with the Desert Sand Memento ink that Gina carries.  I found all these papers in my scrap bin and added a button and ribbon bow from my jar of buttons.

I gave the matting a quick zip zap through my Janome - I think it adds such a nice touch to the project, and has the added benefit of holding all my layers on tightly.  

To give the painted frame a rustic feel, I took a white sanding block and smoothed all the edges.  Where I rubbed really hard, you can see the black peeking back through. I love the vintage feel you get - and its so funny, you'd pay a lot more in the store for a piece that had already been painted and then abused. Giggle!   Of late, I've been leaving the glass off my framed pieces, it allows me to give my projects lots of extra dimension.  And I figure in a few months, I'll just switch out the piece with something fresh in this 5x5 space!

Usually I'm very very literal with the colors I use for my projects, but I really wanted to give these little blooms a pop right off the page, so I stamped them with Soft Sky ink to my Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock for my second project.  

Using Gina's sponging technique from last week's Stamp TV episode, I added a bit of Soft Sky ink to the center of my nestie with the large sponge dauber that Gina carries.

My final project for today is with the other stamp set that is previewing today.  It is illustrated by Asela Hopkins and is titled "The Journey." 

Asela buids so much detail into her images and it makes it easy to shade your finished images.  This set  one is perfect for you coloring addicts!  For my first project, I stamped with Stazon ink to watercolor paper and grabbed a handful of reinkers and my Niji waterbrush.

You'll see that I added lots of stitching on this project as well.  I seriously find it hard *not* to sew on a project so long as I've got thread in the bobbin.  

I'll admit, I loathe winding the bobbin and rethreading the machine, but let me say Gina's newest video tutorial makes it SO easy to follow along. Have you seen it yet?  Be sure to stop by Stamp TV to see the latest!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope that you'll pop on around t visit everyone else that has previews for you today!  I'm grabbing a cup of coffee and will blurf around while I'm eating my breakfast! Can't wait to see what everyone has done!

You'll find previews today from: 
Gina,   AselaCathy,   Cindy  Donna,  EmilyErika, Jessica Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, Melanie and Theresa.

Our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team members Selma Stevenson and
Pam Imholz are joining us this morning with previews as well!

And you won't want to miss the Release Party Thursday night from 7-10pm CST on the Gina K Designs Member Company Forum.  In fact, there are lots of previews already posted to this thread! 


15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lee said...

I totally am in LOVE with that framed art!!!! Don't be surprised if I CASE that soooooon!!!! And such sweet cards....those two little ones are precious!!!

Carolina said...

Such a lovely frame and your cards are just darlin'!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

WOW...this framed piece is just stunning. I love the distressed look on the frame, which goes wonderfully with the image. Your use of color is just outstanding!!!

Kylah Marro said...

OMGoodness!!!!! AWESOME!

Dawn said...

oh Joanne...beautiful samples!! just LOVE your style!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OMG, that framed piece, WOW Joanne! I LOVE that! It looks something you would buy from the fancy smancy stores! And your card are just brilliant of course as always!!

Carla S. said...

Wow, Joanne! All your projects are amazing! I absolutely love the framed piece and the cards are so beautiful!

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, Joanne! You really outdid yourself! Both cards are amazing and so perfectly detailed and that framed piece is to die for!

Lisa H. said...

LOVELY, just lovely! I adore all the stitching, such an easy way to add just the right touch.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful cards....I love the little girl and boy stamp--just touches my heart! YOUR frame is AWESOME!!! What a cool idea!!! Turned out great!

Unknown said...

Joanne!! You have such a classy way with your cards - I adore them!!! Your frame is so beautiful and such a great idea! Have fun with your friends tonight -we'll miss you!

Cindy Lawrence said...

FABBBBulous samples, Joanne! Love the framed art, your amazingly perfect stitching, the beautiful coloring on the girl and boy...and most of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dandelion card! It absolutely SINGS to me! :)

emilymomto3boys said...

Girl - you know that frame is gorgeous! I think I'm feeling inspired to actually use one of the bunches of frames I have in my closet!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Holy Smokes!!! That home decor frame is AWESOME!! LOVE IT girly!

Jessie/knightrone said...

WOW!! Gorgeous work!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover