Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 29, 2009

A Journey.....

The weather in New England has been unpredictable at best the last two weeks.  Generally dreary, although periodically the sun will pop through, but you never know for how long.  

Whenever it the rain stops, children RUN outside - dads start up the lawnmowers and we scramble - to enjoy however many minutes of sunshine we can soak in.  The other day it was pitch black skies on one side of my house, and blue skies out the other side.  Bizarre.  

I'm about ready to throw everything in the car and drive. Anywhere. Anywhere that the skies are clear blue, and the grass isn't soggy.  (Its like walking on  a wet sponge at this point.)  You know, something that looks like this little scene on my card over there on the left..

The forecast for tomorrow is "partly cloudy." But according to the 10 day forecast, its the best day we will have between now and Saturday! Yikes! I'll take it!

This sunny scene was created by stamping and masking various images from the Whipper Snapper stamp set "Great Outdoors."  I pulled lots of bright and happy blue papers from my stash including this fun gingham from October Afternoon and some Soft Sky designer paper from Stampin Up.   

After I had all my masking and stamping done, I colored with my Copic markers while leaving the die nested inside a circular Nestability.  This left me a nice crisp debossed edge creating a "faux layer" on my card.  

If you've seen the sun, can you please point it my way?  Thanks!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

love the card! And no sun here either lately... getting kind of depressing :(

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

LOVE THIS!! Colors are wonderful!!
and I'd be HAPPY to send you some sun... seriously... if we have too much more 100+ days, I'm gonna melt. Really, I will...

Jessie/knightrone said...

TOTALLY cute!!

Ruth said...

This is beautiful and I love the white border round the image!
We are basking in glorious sunshine and heat here in Northern Ireland! Long may it last, Ruth x

Jody Morrow said...

SUPER cute! Love the new set!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover