Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 17, 2009

Lovin the Love Beetle

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've been having a great week. These kids are keeping me so busy that the days are literally FLYING by. We're having fun for sure, but I can't believe how tired I am at the end of each day. My late night stamping adventures that I became so accustomed to during the school year are just not physically possible during the summer.

What's great when you don't have tons of time is a favorite sketch that you can work with, its such a great jump start to a project, and saves a ton of time.

This weeks sketch from Stamping Bella is one of my personal faves. I always have a ton of pattered paper laying around, and its easy to find two that will match up like this.

In fact, you'll recognize that this is nearly the exact same as the card I'd made for Emily's birthday, except the paper and stamp are different - today I got to play with "Love Beetle". Just a refresh of color can change the whole project from sassy to sweet!!

Now, I'm excited to have a sweet little birthday card set aside for a favorite little friend of mine. I was coloring it in alongside the kids today while they were coloring, so she happened to spy it. I think she'll be very happy when she finds it attached to a present for her in the near future!

I got to play with my new Copics with this card. I'm loving the super super light BG and W colors I have now... makes shading out to white so much easier, and creates a soft shadow that I'm digging.

Be sure to stop on over to Blogabella to see all this week's creations from the Babes as well as all of you in the peanut gallery!

Have a great weekend!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover