Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 17, 2009

Green Goodness

While cleaning up my disaster of a stamping area last night, I ran across VeggieBella from Stamping Bella - and thought that I'd give her a good inking up. You'll see she's got a sweet little green t-shirt on and is carrying a great little assortment of farm fresh lovin'. I've been so into all my new bella treasures lately that I've let some of my old favorite friends go untouched too long (shame on me!)

I'll admit, I have a black thumb... so you'll have to imagine that this is me picking up our weekly crop share from the local family farm.... or even stopping by our local farmers market (where I picked up the tastiest corn to go along with dinner last night!)

Veggiebella is stamped in Memento ink and then colored with Copic Markers. I pulled a smattering of now retired Kiwi Kiss papers - sniff sniff, I miss Kiwi Kiss already.

I only wish I looked this sassy headed out to pick up my veggies. Usually its a ponytail and my Red Sox baseball cap.

I think I mentioned a while ago that my husband and I joined a CSA at our local family farm. If you're totally unsure what I'm talking about, that stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Its been a wonderful way to help support a local family farm, and in return we reap a share of the weekly harvest.

My boys love heading off to the farm each week, they visit the chickens and the goats, help me collect our goods in the shed, and I also purchased 10 stems of flowers each week in the season. Each week its a surprise which variety of flowers will grace our kitchen table for a few days.

I've quickly found that my two usually picky boys will try anything that has been raised on the farm. Its been a wonderful way for them to realize where food actually comes from, how much work is involved. You can't even imagine how excited that in the last week I've convinced them to try both sauteed zucchini and green beans. (insert DANCE OF JOY here....) For me and my picky little ones, that was a major win for me!

I'm off to enjoy a lunch of farm fresh goodness! Have a WONDERFUL day!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Joanne! And what a great thing to do. Farm fresh goodies always seem yummier! Enjoy! :)

Rene Sharp said...

This card is just PERFECT! Wow, that community support programme sounds amazing. Sounds like you have so much fun together as a family!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute girlie!! Fresh corn sounds SO GOOD...yumm!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love this Jo9anne, so pretty.

Shannan Teubner said...

Ooooh I love this!! Fabulous!

Rebecca said...

Fab card! Like the clean and simple layout x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Joanne, wow hunny what a fabulous card, im loving the image you've used here and the stunning layout! hugs Linda x

Jody Morrow said...

Adorable card!

Unknown said...

This is so cute Jo!! And I love the farm idea - what a wonderful way to support a local farm!! Coming from a long line of farmers, I LOVE seeing the family farms find a way to thrive!! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover