Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 17, 2009

You Sick Thing!

My poor younger brother had four wisdom teeth taken out last week. Eeeks. I feel so badly for him.... Luckily he has my parents to take care of him, because he and his girlfriend had this crazy notion to both have their wisdom teeth removed at the same time. My guess is that they figured that way nobody could chicken out?

The other night, in a mad panic, I realized I didn't have a card for him to let him know I was thinking about him.

However, as coincidence would have it, I had just received new stamps from The Cat's Pajamas on Friday night including this super cute set "You
Sick Thing
", so I had just the perfect stamp set for the occasion.

Instead of my normal gazillion layers, I added designer paper to fully cover the front panel of a kraft card base, then a little bit o' paper pleating, held in place with twine and a button. Another corner rounded snippet of designer paper was added to the bottom. I love that faux wood paneled piece...

I had stamped my image on white cardstock, but with the help of my handy Copic marker, I colored all around the image while the circle diecut while it was still within my Nestie.This takes the bright white edge off the paper, but also gives me a nice faux layer. It also is handy in that it preserves those sweet bright white little bellies of my penguins....

Be sure to hop on over to Alma's blog: Danicing in Pajamas today to see the Holey Moley Monday slideshow of all the fantastic cards submitted for last week's TCP Tuesday challenge. The newest challenge will be unveiled tomorrow!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Punkydoodle Papers said...

This is darling! I love the mini tutorial you included about coloring inside the Nestie! What a great idea!

Rose Ann said...

This is just precious, JoAnne!!

Bethany Paull said...

I love your clean and simple card. It's so cute with really great colors.

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO super cute!! I definitely feel their pain, and aside from the first day, I was home alone. BoOO!!

Carolyn King said...

oh no...NO fun! Hope he is doing well.

(maybe they both are having them out at the same time so they couldnt make fun of eachother with swollen cheeks??? good idea!)

Adorable card!

Unknown said...

Very cute and sweet card....

___________________
Michell james
Great Discounts on the worlds best home security systems

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover