Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 24, 2009

Button Up!

Super duper short post today, I'm on laundry duty to get all our things packed up for a fun little road trip this weekend.

I really *shouldn't* be blogging right now, but the mountain of laundry can wait another moment or two right?

Besides, this week's MFC Challenge for My Favorite Things is to use one of MY favorite things, and that's buttons.

Christina loves them too, in fact, the even suggested that some that we saw when shopping at CHA were good enough to EAT. Now, I love buttons and all, but I think think they might be high on cute and low on taste...Be sure to check out her super sweet sample with this same paper, but a different stamp set on her blog

In any case, grab your buttons ladies and get creative! This set is Funky Flowers for MFT Presents by Sara Williams. Sara his my very sweet friend and blog designer! ((hugs)) Sara!!

I stamped the vase to patterned paper and stamped one of the flower blossoms twice. As you can see, I finally got my Janome back into working order (I think I sewed through adhesive one too many times, and had the bobbin in incorrectly....sigh.)

All the papers here are Basic Grey Lemonade collection and I even used one of the solid distressed papers for my main panel. It makes for a coordinated look to the whole finished piece and I just looove it. Oh rude, I don't like to be the pat yourself on the back sort of girl, but I had fun with this card!

My buttoned up element is that I used a button from MFT's Chocolate Kiss collection as my flower center, threaded with linen thread (of course, I no likey the naked buttons....)

You may recognize the sketch, it is this week's sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. Of course, I had to find a "bow-tunity" and used my wide width striped ribbon for a floppy bow. So much for a short post, but gee, look the laundry is waiting patiently for me after all.

Have a GREAT day!!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

So cute Jo!! I'm loving those papers and cute colors!! And totally love the new cute sassy avatar girlfriend! :)

Unknown said...

Love it! It's so fun and bright. Love that ribbon too!

Jaymerz said...

Cute Joanne!! I love the button with the flower.

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

You can't help but smil when you see this card!

I am deeply in love with this card!
Such gorgeous colours and patterns!

Well Done!

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable!! You might want to check your teeth... ;)

Hugs!!!

Lisa H. said...

I don't know what it is about your ribbons and bows, but they always make me smile! fabulous card and great challenge!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover