Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 9, 2009

Friends with Flair Friday - Relax and Enjoy the Day!

I thought I'd take the chance to jump in on all the fun of Unity's Friends with Flair Fridays! I've been enjoying seeing Unity creations pop up all over blog land on Fridays and thought this was a GREAT chance to mix it up a little around here and get a little bit more of my Unity all inked up!

I'm so excited that my LSS - Right at Home Scrapbooking carries Unity! I picked up the exclusive Stampin Store Kit, which is only available through retailers.

For me, I love that I'm supporting my local store, and getting to play in all the Unity fun too - talk about the best of both worlds!!! You can see the whole kit - and even order it directly through Right At Home HERE!

I seriously adore the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird line of paper, so I grabbed that first and used that to pick my Copic colors for my project. I stamped the image of the vases, then lined up the sentiment directly under it (gotta love unmounted stamps!!) Once the vases and sweet little flower were colored, then I clear embossed so I could airbrush in the background.

To coordinate with the vintage feel of the papers, I added lots of sewing, some buttons from my ever growing button collection, and threaded all the buttons with jute twine. I picked up the last of this sweet vintage trim from Right at Home as well, I'm going to hoard the last half a yard of it that I have because I seriously ***love*** it.

Be sure to check out the Unity Blog today for a list of all the people participating in this week's Friends with Flair! I've got Embellished Season sitting on my desktop waiting to play, and I finallly caved and joined the Kit of the Month club too! Have you seen how totally cute the October Kit it is?

24 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sara Henton said...

It's sad b/c I'm sitting here going to I have this stamp? because this card it too adorable

AJ said...

ooooh- i love this Joanne! adorable!
thanks for playing along! :)

Judy Rozema said...

AWESOME coloring! So cool!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!

Unknown said...

I LUV this vintage feel even with the bright colors! Beautiful and that vintage lace is awesome too!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Beautiful card! So bright and cheery! Love it and I may have to get that stamp set!

Unknown said...

just perfect, love everything about it.

Krista said...

Joanne, your card is seriously too cute! I love it, it is so pretty and feminine. I love all the little touches you added.

Meahni Pieterse said...

Great card and I love how you added the buttons!

Rachel B said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love this image and how you used it on the circle!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

this is simply STUNNING jo!!! really seriously gorgeous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE Joanne! So glad to see you on this lil' hop! Your coloring is FABULOUS and I love, love the lace!

Scrapacat said...

I adore vintage style cards. This is gorgeous!
~ky

Chrissy's Creations said...

I love your cards, they always have so much detail.

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty! Love those citrus colours.

Diane Jaquay said...

I really love this card, great paper that goes so well with that stamp!

Robynccgirl said...

Great card! Love the buttons! Awesome that your LSS carries Unity! Very jealous!

Ann said...

I love how the buttons finish off the line!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Unknown said...

Joanne...I LOVE this card...You have done an amazing job with everything on it...It also helps that I am totally in love with that paper as well... I just checkout the rest of your blog and your creations are sooo inspiring...I think I will be back very soon...LOL! Xx

Valerie said...

really cute card! Thanks for sharing!

Mary J said...

What a really fabulous job!

Lisa H. said...

yeah for Unity! so glad you have picked some up, it's addicting stuff! love your card, so YOU! great work, girlie!

buggin2stamp said...

Joanne, your card is awesome. I adore your layouts and the colors are always so fun and refreshing. I too caved last night and signed up for Unity's club. I don't have any of their stuff yet. So this is my first. Have a super day.
Melissa

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover