Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 31, 2009

MFT Previews Begin - Its a little Polar Love

I'm so excited that teaser time has begun! I've got previews of upcoming MFT sets every day from now till Wednesday! Hooray!

Can you believe that there will be ELEVEN stamp sets released this month!

Since I will now publicly admit, I have a *fear* of any stamped image that is supposed to be white! It always sends me in to a panic... so I figured this would be the perfect way to overcome my fear by placing these white bears into a colorful scene! I've added just a smidge of pink to their noses, and given some light shading with my W00 marker - but mostly they're white.

I'm loving the fun new trend of rolling hills made out of patterned paper! For anyone that's nervous about how to cut the hills, here's how I did it. I freehand cut my first hill, and then matched it up to a reverse side of another similar piece and cut the second hill. This way, they're nice and symmetrical. Then I stitched those two in place on top of the blue swirly sky paper.

After placing my stamped, colored and paper pieced bears into the scene, I then freehand cut my last hill and stitched across the top of the hill. I added the last hill in place using a few dimensional boosters to give some vertical dimension and then stitched my zig zag stitch all around the outer borders of the card.

You'll see I used my Apron Lace punch here again, I so adore that! When I use it close to a border like this, I *always* round off the corners of my card base. You'll see that I rounded the inner corners of the card too.

You'll be seeing lots of Polar Love from my pals on the MFT Team today, we're all using the same set for a little extra added fun! I can't wait to see what all the girls have done with these sweethearts. You'll find previews today from Amy, Barbara, Michele, Frances, Cindy, Jessie, Natalie and Susan.

22 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

This card is so adorable Joanne!

Meahni Pieterse said...

OMG!!! This is just SO cute, SO well done and SO clever. I am totally with you on the white images. I so do not know what to do with them, other than highlight around them. Genius! (and I LOVE polar bears, I want to go and save them all.)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so so cute jo! i love it!!!

Sew Club said...

Love this! So cute!!

Michele Boyer said...

This card is just FULL of cuteness! I LOVE your hills and the swirly background!

Tricia T said...

Your card make me smile! It's adorable!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable Joanne, wonderful job.

Tricia T said...

PS - I thought of you yesterday when I bought some Halloween candy. I got Nerds so they'd be safe. :-)

Lisa H. said...

LOVE it! and am so glad I have these sweet little guys already in my hot little hands! those hills are the best!

Kim said...

This is a great card Jo!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! I love your rolling hills! The papers you used are SO perfect for this card!

Barbara said...

Love your rolling hills, Joanne! Just perfect for those papers.

Dana White said...

What 11 - I'm not sure my wallet can handle it!! Your card is so sweet (naturally) have a safe night tonight with the boys!

Amy Sheffer said...

SOOOOO CUTE, Joanne! Love the hills and the whole colorful scene. This ROCKS!

Marci said...

Love this card! Especially the rolling hills. You did an awesome job!

BTW, what happened yesterday??? Is your hair super short or still long???

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awwwww, this is so cute! I love it.

Simone P. said...

I love the colors..what a different twist! This is a great card!

StampOwl said...

this is super cute Joanne ... love everything about it

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful - love the bears!

Chris said...

How'd your hair cut turn out? Did you cry?

paula said...

LOVE it Joanne!!! You are rockin those hills!

Unknown said...

OMG, joanne...L-O-V-E this!!! pure perfection!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover