Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 12, 2009

A rough start, deserves a sweet card

I had high hopes for today being a nice, low key sort of day. Then I fell in the front door on my way back from the bus stop.

Luckily, the baby in my arms made a graceful landing on her bottom on the floor.

Me? I twisted my leg pretty badly, and it was stuck outside the house with the door closed on it.

Too bad it is still WAY too many hours early to enjoy a delicious pom-tini like my little penguin friend here.

Even still, this card makes me smile. Has some of my favorite elements - polka dots, sparkle, ruffled ribbon (YUM) stitched ribbon (any time I can use BOTH these ribbons on a card I'm a happy girl) and these SWEET new penguins from The Cat's Pajamas.

Have a great day, well at least a better day than me! *giggle*

19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lori Craig said...

Oh sweet, Joanne... rest your leg, friend. I thought I was going to fall down the back steps taking the kids to school this morning. What is with that? Your card is absolutely darling! Rest well...

Katie said...

Oh ouch! Take care of yourself as much as you can today! I love the card...that layout is a keeper!

Tricia T said...

Hope your leg heals quickly, Joanne. I'm so sorry!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh no, Jo! :( I hope you feel better! YIKES! There is nothing worse than taking a tumble as an adult! :(

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Hope your leg feels better soon!

Your card is just adorable! Love the gingham ruffle.

Chris said...

how you gonna chase those kids if you hurt your leg?
I love that ruffled ribbon and can't find it anywhere, did you do the gathering yourself?

Unknown said...

joanne...i just love this, sister! you are such a rockstar!

Nancy L. said...

super cute! hope you feel better soon!

Dawn B. said...

Oh feel better soon. Ouch.. I did that one time hold my daycare baby.. She wasn't as lucky as me... terrific card.. I love the ruffle on the side..

CraftyMomOf3 said...

love it!!! and i'm so sorry!! are you ok???

xoxo

Karen Motz said...

Yikes!!! Hope your leg is feeling better...you deserve lots of sympathy from Mr. T. :)
This is a totally sweet card!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you aren't seriously hurt Joanne! Rest up. Love the card!

Unknown said...

Hope you aren't seriously hurt Joanne! Rest up. Love the card!

Kathy Camasso said...

So sorry about yuor spill! Glad the baby was fine; take care!!!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, sweetie -- I hope you're okay! Good thing it's the weekend -- take it easy!

This card is totally adorable! And, pom tinis are my favorite!! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Oh my! I hope you get that pom-tini later today and some relaxing time. Love the card. That ruffle is so great. I can't believe I still haven't tried that yet.

Diane Jaquay said...

How adorable! I love that ruffle, too too sweet!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Love the card, and the penguin is adorable.
Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you are recovered already. At least you can still craft and post - the important things in life ;-)

mudmaven said...

Ouch! Take it easy there girl! Love your cheery little penguin. ~chris

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover