Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 11, 2009

He loves me....and so he stamped.....

I've been meaning to post this card for days... and its been crazy around here. My sweet husband planned a fancy dinner out with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend my sister and my brother in law. He booked the babysitter, too (that's become his thing, is to call the sitter and line it up, for some reason, it seems to cause me undue stress and anxiety... why? I have no idea, but yes, it does....)

So, at dinner, he presented me with a card, that he stamped himself.

Apparently, after I'd gone to bed, he sifted through my cabinets, and my desktop for supplies and stamped. Just look at all that he did to put together a card for me...this image on the front is an SU set, that I seriously don't know where he found... he must have been hard at work.

now, lets notice the details....
  • There are many layers.
  • He used dimensionals.
  • He stamped both inside and outside the card.
  • He went to what I call "the scary side" where I keep things like envelopes, and alterables to find an envelope to match, and then stamped it.
  • He stamped my name on the outside of the envelope - and you'll note that since there is only one "n" in an alpha set, and two in my name, he had to double stamp!
  • He inked up a cuttlebug folder, and used it as a stamp because he wanted a border, and couldn't find a border stamp. (ROTFL)
  • He got to use brand new stamps from MFT and TCP before they were even released.
  • He was careful not to use my Copic Markers - because he knows he's not certified (what's funny is that he knows that some people are, and he's always teasing me that I'm NOT!)
  • He didn't break anything in the process. (like my big shot, he apparently stayed away from it, as he wasn't exactly sure what it does...)
Oh, I seriously love this man. Is this the sweetest thing?

41 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tricia T said...

Joanne, that is *so* sweet!! What a keeper!!!

Jana Weaver said...

Wow Joanne, that is awesome!! What a sweet guy, and quite impressive!!

Sew Club said...

That is too funny! What a good guy! The inking of the CB folder was my favorite part! Kind of like McGyver meets Martha! LOL

Sheri D said...

That is too CUTE Joanne! Love it. You lucky girl.

Chris said...

Holey Moley! I'm impressed. Definitely a keeper.

g said...

LOL so sweet & funny! i too loved the inking of the folder & finding the unreleased sets!

Kelli Hull said...

THAT is totally impressive... and I cracked up over him not being certified to use the copic's!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH Too much fun to not love to pieces... Good Catch! ;)

Jody Morrow said...

SO cute. :)

Kim said...

That is TOO cute!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is awesome, he did great!!

Lisa H. said...

oh, my goodness this is just the BEST!!! he rocks and must be a keeper! but oh, I'd be scared if DH went pokin' through my stamping stuff, actually, no HE'D be scared!

Kathy R. said...

Priceless!! :o)

Alli Miles said...

he's a keeper Joanne! Gotta give him a big hug from the stamp work and tell him if he keeps up at this rate he might get himself on a DT or maybe even in the pile!! :)

MelissaS said...

awwwwwww! How terrific is he??

Karen Motz said...

This is THE best!!! Fabulous job Mr. T!!!! LOVE that Cuttlebug border!!! :)

Debbie said...

So unbelieveably sweet!!! You're a lucky gal and he sounds like a wonderful hubby!!

Amy Sheffer said...

How sweet!!

SuperCool CreationS said...

WOW! Kudos to Ted. I'm WAY impressed. Truly a way to show how much he loves you...he listens and pays attention! love it.

Laine said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful (and creative) husband. Thanks for sharing such a touching story.

Laine




http://www.inkypawprints-laine.blogspot.com/

jen said...

He's amazing! Not only is he supportive of your passion- he obviously pays attention! Impressive details! (too funny that he's not certified on the copics- my husband & I say that to each other all the time! Hahaha!)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awwwww, this is so sweet. He did a great job. A+ for sneakiness, A+ for originality, A+ for creativity.... definitely a keeper. My DH won't touch my stamping stuff except to hand over my next batch of "toys" because he's afraid of them. Says he can't color inside the lines. :)

Melody said...

What a sweet story Joanne! You must feel loved!

Bren said...

Now that is a loving husband for sure. That is the best ever!!

Rae said...

I just had to add my comment on this one. I agree with the rest, HE IS A DEFINITE KEEPER!! What a guy! I visit your blog, and sorry to say I don't usually leave comments. That's just because I am trying to get to so many in a short window of free time, but your cards are very nice, that's why I visit!(I also rarely leave comments on blogs where there are already tons of comments) You are blessed to have a mate who supports you in your crafting. God bless!

Christina Fischer said...

Okay seriously, how sweet is he?!?!? He used dimensionals -- I love it!! And the stamped CB border -- very resourceful!

Yep, he's a keeper!! :)

Jocelyn said...

OMG! How sweet is that!!!!! Lucky, lucky girl!

http://www.greenhomescarpetcleaning.com said...

Very Sweet!

KellyRae said...

He's totally a keeper! How clever of him to (a) know that a border would be a good thing and (b) to ink the CB folder to make it. LOVE it.

Lori Craig said...

is that not seriously the best... my hubby stamped a simple sentiment card for me years ago on Valentine's Day - it's tucked into my Bible, and my heart just swells every time I see it. what a precious card for you. i'd keep him. :)

Katie said...

That is so sweet! I think my husband is too scared to touch anything for fear of not getting it put back in the right place! And by the way, I'm not a fan of lining up the sitters either...but DH has yet to volunteer to take over that duty.

Marisa said...

This is adorable!! How special t hat he would want to make you a card and he obviously pays some sort of attention to what you do based on the DP, layers etc. You've got a real keeper :D

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful card :>)
I am soooo impressed! You are one lucky gal!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a guy!!! Hugs and smooches for him!!!! :) I am impressed with all the details he put into your card! The Copic certification is very funny!
Jenni King

Lynne Phelps said...

I really love the card - it would make a great SKETCH layout for any kind of card! Clearly, he has learned a lot while living with a stamper!! Love the CB "border stamp" - very creative!!! Where there's a will, there's a way!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

seriously???? i'm in SHOCK!! go ted!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for husbands who stamp! It's funny when my DH asks me where things are in my craft room AFTER he makes the card. Your DH did a great job!

Shaun said...

That really is the sweetest thing. I love this story. He's a keeper.

Jenny Gropp said...

OMG -- how wonderful!!! What a hubby!!!!

Oma said...

He's a keeper for sure! He done good!

Meahni Pieterse said...

I think you should tell Emily you have a Bella Fella for her. Image we'd be the only DT with a guy on our team, lol!
Brilliant, that is ONE way to show he cares.

Meahni Pieterse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover