Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 29, 2009

Sew Thankful!

Before you go and pack up all that beautiful Christmas paper that you've got on your desktop - here's a fun idea. Make thank you notes! I have only about a zillion to write, and I've got scraps galore of paper that I still LOVE. I picked a few of my favorites, and sliced and diced, aged and stitched.

I even pulled out a stamp set that I simply HAD to have for Christmas, Signature Christmas but, ahem, somehow never got a chance to use. Bad girl!! But, how smart is this?? The set has a thank you sentiment in the set! Sweet!!

Lucky girl that I am, I received the most amazing sewing machine from my parents for Christmas. Oh my goodness, it is practically s-i-l-e-n-t when I'm working and so stinkin FAST!

Since the boys were more than entertained with a few new Wii games, and worked to my hearts content and quickly made my first sample, then cut all the papers, stitched all the layers and got all the fronts mass produced for another nine cards.

Maybe, just maybe next year, I'll think ahead and have these done in advance? But, somehow, I won't hold my breath!

Supplies used:

Collage Press "Joyride"
October Afternoon "Good Cheer"
PTI Kraft Cardstock, Signature Christmas, Sweet Blush Saddle Stitched Ribbon, Tea Dye Duo,

17 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa Foster said...

How Pretty! Wonderful Colors!
Hugs,
Lisa

Tracey said...

Oh my, these are gorgeous Joanne!!

Aimes said...

Gorgeous! I'm planning on using that sentiment too for some thank you notes!
Great job on the sewing - looks fabulous!
Aimes
x

Jana Weaver said...

These are beautiful Jo!! Might have to follow your lead and make a few thank you cards myself!

Lisa H. said...

oh, these are lovely! and that sentiment set is great. love the layers and the pretty pink papers. tfs!

jen said...

These are SO gorgeous! And I'm doing the same thing you are with the set that I just HAD to have for Christmas- using the sentiment for thank yous! (pti's tree trio) At least we're using them!!! :)

Stampin Mindy said...

These are adorable, love the layout and papers. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

These are both really beautiful!

Nancy L. said...

beautiful cards!! love the layouts and the color combos!!

Christina Fischer said...

These are gorgeous!! If I received one, I'd be sending a thank you card for the thank you card!! LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary J said...

Wow, really wonderful thank you cards - I wish I had sent you a pressie now just so I could have received one of these!! ;)

B said...

Happy New Year! :)

B said...

Er whoops, meant to post the comment on your year in review post. But love these cards too! Haha!

The Wired Angel said...

Your cards are lovely... beautiful colors, fantastic layout. You gotta love that sewing machine! Lucky you. Hugs, Peggy

The Wired Angel said...

Ooops forgot to ask.. is that a Martha Stewart punch you used? I love it!

Jess Willison said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Your work is so amazing....a true inspiration!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover