Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 9, 2010

Designed for Sympathy

The other day, I received a phone call from my Aunt, who needed to have her stock of sympathy cards replenished.

As a cardmaker, it is the type of card that I always find so hard to make, but sadly, that we all need to send at some point

That being said, its one of those times, that a handmade card says just so very much. I wanted something that was cleanly designed and full of thoughtful details.

To keep the card respectful of the occasion, yet full of thoughtful details, I reached for for my Cuttlebug Embossing folder and my Out on a Limb Sentiments, Background Basics: Text Style II and Damask Designs stamp sets.

I was so thankful that my order from Paper Trey Ink had just arrived containing the In Bloom patterned paper.

You can barely see it in the photograph, but the text is actually overstamped with the Damask pattern.

To tie the main panel together, I've added stitched detail with my sewing machine, stitched grosgrain ribbon, and some Apron Lace trim across the bottom.

All the edges have been softened with the Tea Dye Duo. Seriously LOVE the stuff, really I do!

Remember when you're making cards with a dark cardbase (I've used Scarlet Jewel here) that you want to line your cards with a lighter color. This is especially important if you're planning to sell them!

While you can write on the inside with a white gel pen, they aren't always 100% reliable, and then you've messed up the inside of your pretty card! So, save yourself the hassle, and just line your cards.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a truly wonderful weekend.

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

paula tracy williamson said...

I have the hardest time with cards like this, so pretty. I will need to follow your lead and maybe make a few too. Thanks for the inspiration bellababe!

Lisa H. said...

you made symapathy stunning! love the rich colors.

Nancy L. said...

allthough the occasion is a sad one, our card is stunning!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Beautiful, as always! I've stalked your blog for ages, but rarely comment. *sorry!* Your work is incredible! I need to get a stash of these together, as well. Thanx for the inspiration and layout!!

Anonymous said...

OMG Joanne, this is breathtaking...I am totally casing this one, I don't care what you say!!! LOL Cause I am with you, unfortunately, we have to have cards like that in our stash!! And this one is really lovely!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO pretty!

Jaymerz said...

It is beautiful!! I think I may have to case you too.

Jodi C. said...

OH WOW!!! This is so beautiful and exactly the type of card I need to make the most, but don't have sentiments, thanks for reminding me. TFS!!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very elegan and beautiful colors!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Stunning Joanne, I don't even go there :-)

Allison said...

Stunning card. I'm actually working on a bunch of sympathy cards for my Mom and now I wish I had these supplies to case this!

SueB said...

It's beautiful and so nice of you to share w your aunt - thanx for being a constant source of inspiration!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover