Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 10, 2010

Tiny Treats for little friends....

Between both my boys, we had 68 valentines to write for their classes, and then of course, I have some valentine treats to make for the classroom teachers, and the bus driver as well. Yikes!

For those of you that are struggling with this same situation, I thought I'd share a few of the designs I'm working with this week. All of my projects today use Paper Trey Ink's Tiny Treats: Valentine

First, here is a little glassine bag with a sugar cookie that I sent my little guy off to school with yesterday....his class was having a baking activity and with his allergies, he couldn't eat the finished product, so I thought this might put a smile on his face. I was right, he loved it. I was sad, they threw away the tag at school! Sniff, sniff....

This next photo is a collage of a collection of 3x3 notes that we put together for the boys classes. Keeping the cards at a 3x3 saves cardstock, so that I didn't chew through my stash too much.

And **gasp** I know these little valentines are going to end up in a circular file come Saturday, so I didn't want to use ribbon or buttons. We substituted nestie hearts (which by the way, my son was able to run through his Cuttle Kids machine by himself!! Hooray for helpers!!)

The boys searched through the stamp set, and they adored the little puns for the sentiments, I loved that the images were quick to color (since I was making 48 of these!!) and the images all were punched out with a 1 1/4 punch. Lots of handwriting practice here at my house this week!

For the last 20, I decided I needed a little creative break from these sweeties, so I reached for my beloved Kraft cardstock, and found some fun red patterned paper and used the negative space of a nestie to create this fun design.

By keeping all the designs relatively clean with just a few of my signature details, we got the job done quickly and I still love the finished products. The boys are so excited, and its been a great project to work on together.

I've still got some teacher gifts to wrap up, but we're expecting a HUGE snowstorm this afternoon, so you know what I'll be doing right???

Thanks so much for stopping by today. To anyone else expecting snow, stay safe, and warm!!!





Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover