Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 8, 2010

TCP Tuesday - its Beary Special!

Welcome to this week's installment of "TCP Tuesday" our hostess with the mostess is Amy, and this week's challenge is to paper piece! (Which of course, I was thrilled about, because I loooove to do that!) If, by some chance, you didn't stop here via Amy's beautiful sample, you'll want to skip up there a moment to have a gander.....

I'm guessing you'll be seeing lots of paper pieced bears today, as we're also celebrating the February 9th release of the newest The Cat's Pajamas set "A Beary Good Year!!"

This adorable set contains our dear friend, Bear, who you've seen before as part of "Happy Camper" and again in "Make Merry." Now available in a set all of his (or is it hers?) own... and you'll find accessories to add no matter what special day you might need to make a card for. I adore the variety of sentiments in the set, for my card today I inked up portions of two different sentiments to make.... "Beary Special." (I love the flexibility of stamps to put together just the sentiment you need!!)

In keeping with today's Paper Piecing challenge, I stamped the bear image to some Close to Cocoa cardstock, then again to this ledger paper, and I stamped the flower image to a small scrap of light pink paper.

I added distress ink to the bear, and to the ledger paper belly for added dimension. I love the little bit of richness it gives your pieces before adhering them in place. You can also sand, or crumple your pieced items for additional texture... go ahead, try it, you'll loooove it!

I added one of the adorable TCP Sweet Thing Buttons to the center of the flower, and threaded it with a little bit of twine.

Here's a secret, I'm a horrible masker, so I love paper piecing for elements like this. I stamped the bear in place, then stamped where I wanted the flower to be. While the little oval die was still in place, I covered the panel with my Copic airbrush.... what a quick and easy way to ground your image... and keep a nice fresh white border when the diecut is popped out of its frame! Then I added my paper pieced bear, and then added the flower petals right in place. And voila, no masking!

I'm lovin' that new ribbon that Alma has added to the store. Of late, I've been doing lots of ruffles with it, but today, I've used it just like another layer of paper. I stitched a panel of it to a piece of kraft cardstock, and then using sharp scissors, I trimmed the edges. Its just like adding a layer of paper. How fun is that?

The next stop on our hop tonight is Leigh, and I never cease to be amazed with her work - truly jaw dropping stuff. And let me say, now there is a girl that knows her way with some masking --- she's brilliant!! I'll race you over there to see what that genius has come up with this week!!

You'll also want to swing by Alma's blog to learn the name of our sweet friend Bear, and also, find out who the Grand Prize winner is - the recipient of ALL the stamps that TCP will put out this year. Did you enter a name into the contest? I'm so excited!!

Last, but certainly not least, don't forget to add your sample to the Guestbook on Alma's blog each week for your chance to be named the Swanky Stamper of the month!!


7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Alma de la Rosa said...

This card is super special! Are those PEARLS I am seeing? Wowza. AND love that button on that flower. Super cute.

jen del muro said...

darling joanne! :)

Tasha said...

Oh this is gorgeous - i love the mix of papers and colours!
love tasha xx

toners said...

Oh, what a cutie! I love the color combo here :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Loving the pearl row.... FUN card and great color combo!!!

Cindy Major said...

Love the plaid belly!!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Ok, I think I might have to get this set. Everything I have seen is too damn cute! You rocked it gf!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover