Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch: Owls and Bluebells

I'm really, and I do mean really excited to be jumping in with the Sweet Sunday Sketch samplers for Karen Giron for the rest of the month. There is nothing I love more for a jumpstart than a fantastic sketch! And Karen churns them out week after week!

In particular, this one, with a large flag element, was just right up my alley...I love the flag which juts off to the left of the card!

I've reached for a piece of the Quite Contrary which is still sitting on my desktop. This is from the Little Miss Muffet portion of the collection. And since my stamps are all nice and organized, I had just run across this sweet Owls and Bluebells image from MFT. (It appears to be out of stock right now... but it is part of the Stephanie Fizer line of images there.)

You'll find samples from the girls on the sketch team here:

Karen Giron

Jennifer Tapler
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick

I'm covering for Nancy Riley who's off this week, but be sure to stop by her gorgeous blog to say hello!

Don't forget to upload your sample to Karen's post by Thursday night at 10pm Mountain Time. One sample will be selected at random to be featured on her blog this week!

I'm going to be sending this pair of cuties off to my sweet friend Susie. I have the distinct honor of working with her on both MFT and TCP - she's madly talented, and genuinely a wonderful, wonderful person. Right now, she and her family have just a lot on their plate, and could truly use your prayers. You can read a bit about what's going on....here.

A few of the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen are sending cards to Susie, you can see them all here. Won't you join us in showering her in a little cheer? You can add your card to the Splitcoast Galleries using the keyword: FORSUSIE

Have a wonderful day!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Joanne... Welcome, Welcome!!! So excited to have you join us for the rest of the month!!! Your card is just GORGEOUS. Those owls are adorable and sure to put a smile on your friend Susie's face.

xx Sarah

Karen Motz said...

This is sooooooo sweet Joanne! LOVE how you jazzed up the flag strip.

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is so pretty, I love the softness about it! The ribbon rocks!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Joanne.....love it! So honored to have you on our team for a bit!!!

seamom said...

What a GREAT card! Perfect colors, and I love the greeting.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally cute Joanne! Love that image and the soft spring colour palette! So fun to have you join us!

Karen Giron said...

This is so darling!! I am in love with this little image and you've made this sketch come to life brilliantly! Love that you are on the team this month :D This is such a thoughtful card for Susan and I know she will appreciate it.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is just such a sweet card, Joanne! It is sure to make her day a little brighter. I just started following the sketch blog a few weeks ago and am really excited to see you on there this month! Congrats!

Tasha said...

Adorable and yet elegant. Love the colours and the image is fabulous
love tasha xx

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover