Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 22, 2010

Color my world.....

How about a little tree project to celebrate Earth Day! If you've been reading here a while, you'll know that I'm more than a little obsessed with organic foods, and that we participate in a local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture - a.k.a. Crop Share) at a local family farm. We compost and are diligent recyclers and I love my reusable shopping bags! In fact, my son laughed that his April Vacation homework was to do something "green" for Earth Day and we were already doing all of the recommended things! Yeah!!

Now that MFT has released this new, adorable, digi patterned paper "Sheltering Tree", I can finally share with you the Make and Take that Kim and I made for a recent manufacturer's show.

We had so much fun making this (literally, about 75 times...) with store owners from all across the country!

We used the clear cellophane bags from MFT, and then used an oval nestie to diecut all those sweet skies. The rolling hills are hand cut, and the tree you'll recognize from Grow Love, Plant a Tree, which has been paper pieced using both the Green Polka Dot and Woodgrain Patterned Papers.

For fun, or maybe because I'm a meanie... you decide....we used embroidery floss to sew those buttons right in place.

The sentiment "You Color My World" is from Clearly Sentimental About You (currently out of stock or else I'd link....) I love, love, love, mixing and matching the Clearly Sentimental sets with all my other MFT sets for added versatility.

Wouldn't these be a cute little giftie to your neighbors for May Day? That is, if you can resist eating the candy.....

I also brought this little piece of home decor that I'd made to the show as well. I think I scared a few people away from our Make and Take because that we were making this, but it was just an example of the technique taken a bit farther. I love all the added detail of the embroidery floss...

You'll find all of MFT's Digi Papers here... they're easy to download, open and print as many sheets as you need. Or, if you don't have a color printer, you can simply upload and print to your local office store or bring in a little thumb drive. Easy peasy!

Okay peeps, now Happy Earth Day! Go recycle something!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kerry Johnson said...

I adore that piece of framed art!! I saw it on Facebook and am so glad that I got to see it up close!! Love the make & take too!

Rose Ann said...

Oh gosh...I just LOVE these, Joanne!!

Gretchen said...

Wow! Love your little trees! The home decor is my favorite :) Happy Earth Day!

Jennifer said...

SO Cute!! That framed scene is just ADORABLE!!!

g said...

these are both just darling!

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the paper piecing on the trees. That paper is fabulous!! Makes me wish I had a printer!!!

Chris said...

love your framed trees. that would be beautiful in any home.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover