Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 20, 2010

A Sheltering Tree

Tonight the girls on the MFT Team have a doubly fun VIP Hop for you. Some of us have samples of the newest Who's That Girl on the block titled "Top Shelf" and some of us (myself included) have a sample for you of Stephanie Fizer's latest set...."Sheltering Tree."

If you've hopped over here from Jessie's place, then you're right where you should be. If you've just tripped into the hop, you'll want to start at Kim's Blog so that you don't miss any of the previews!

I wanted to do a quick and scrappy card today, showing how easy it is to work with the sheltering tree to make a fun little card. It is rare that I make a 15 minute card, but this was so fun (and, ahem easy!) to do!!!

I stamped the circular tree top first in a very light green ink, then stamped the tree directly over it. Colored the wood with my brown Copics and added pink little petals for the leaves (I'm obsessed with pink trees although they're just terrible for my son's seasonal allergies!)

Stamped the owlies separate, colored them and trimmed them right out and perched them right into the tree with a dimensional booster. Lastly, I added some felted clouds, and a quick hand trimmed grassy border. Bang! 15 minutes tops!! Love that!!

Your next stop on the hop is the sweet and incredibly talented Julie!

20 Comments    Post a Comment:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Joanne

Jennifer said...

This is TOO CUTE! Love those clouds and adorable owls!!

Karen Motz said...

Seriously??? 15 minutes??? It's gorgeous!!!

Kelli Hull said...

BANG for YOU... LOL Love the card and it is FUN too!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

15 mins...that's it!!! I can't get that kind of card magic done in one day! Wicked girl!

Anonymous said...

like the addition of the owls and the clouds. cute card. really, only 15 minutes?
jennik

g said...

dang this is adorable!! i have to make felt clouds NOW lol- they are too cute! i LOVE this card!!

Unknown said...

Very adorable card!

Thanks for Sharing!!

xoxo
Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Annika said...

Beautiful card, I cannot believe you made it so fast! :o My cards usually tend to take a whole evening!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Agata said...

How cute is this?! Love it!

Megan said...

I love a 15 minute MFT card---especially when it has PINK LEAVES!! Brilliant!

Lisa H. said...

oooo, I'm liking this stamp set! cute card!

Tasha said...

This is reall beautiful, i love the stamps!
love tasha xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Joanne! I love the pink leaves! Your talent continues to amaze me!

Christina Fischer said...

This is totally adorable, my friend! 15 minutes -- you really ARE my hero! :)

Barbara said...

Adorable, just adorable!

Melody said...

Loving your card!

Michele B said...

Super cute, Joanne! I love the clouds and grass!

Rose Ann said...

Totally adorable! So glad I ordered this set! ;)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover