Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 18, 2010

A Dog-Gone Sweet Sunday Sketch

Its time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch - and I had such a fun time working on this card. I've been itchy to use this "Little Boy Blue" paper from the Quite Contrary line of My Mind's Eye.
And, shame on me that I hadn't yet inked up this sweet Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog image from My Favorite Things. Aren't they sweet?

While the traditional rule of thumb is not to use ribbon on a boy-ish card, I'm going out on a limb that twill tape is an acceptable use, right? Lots of olives, and blues, and I picked this rich chocolate scrap for a bit of apron lace trim (I know, I know, I can't back away from that thing...)

Hope that I won't get points deducted for adding a tiny little panel here for my sentiment "You're So Dog-Gone Cute." All I'll say is that sentiment treatments are my Achilles heel. I seriously struggle here. As such, quite often, I simply opt out of using one at all!

I'll probably be quiet on the blog this week, as both my boys are out of school for vacation, and my home daycare business will be packed! Which means that at the end of the day it will likely be a glass of wine, catching up on TiVo and early to bed instead of a cup of coffee and late night stampin' So, if you have some extra time this week, stamp a little extra for me? Okay?

Be sure to stop by Karen's Blog to see her sample, don't forget that you'll be uploading YOUR creation to her InLinks before Thursday at 10pm Mountain Time - one card will be selected at random to be featured on Karen's blog!

You'll find samples for this fun sketch from the girls on the Sweet Sunday team:

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Riley said...

How sweet is THIS?! Joanne, your card is so perfect ... love it!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oh my goodness... this is TOTALLY DOG-GONE CUTE!!! Adore this!!!

WOW!!!!!

xx Sarah

Carla D said...

A very gorgeous card!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

This is the perfect card for a little boy, with the perfect combo of image, PP and "ribbon"!

Tasha said...

This is so sweet Joanne, i love the sentimnt - how cute and perfect for a boy
love tasha xx

Megan said...

It perfectly boyish! You struggle with sentiments?!?! That's awfully hard to believe, my friend.

Karen Motz said...

THIS is doggone CUTE!!!! I love the twill/button combo!!!

Anonymous said...

So so so cute! Love that dp too! I am almost out!

Chris said...

cute as ever. would you believe I still can't find this stamp. where can he have gone off to?
Anyway, you have yourself a great week, relax but I'll be hunting you down after the week.

Barbara said...

Adorable, Joanne!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my gosh this is so sweet! The soft coloring on your image, the button and stitching...all of it is so wonderful!

Marisa said...

Twill is a go in my eyes :D Darling card and yes, that apron lace punch is very addicting!

I hear you re: the house full of kids and your energy level - I also watch kids, though I do not do summer, spring break or Christmas break as I save it for time with my own kids. Thankfully most of my kids are teachers kids so it works out okay. Cyber hugs for you on this busy week!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet card Joanne!!

Annika said...

I am in awe of your cards, love your style with gorgeous defined layers and fabulous sense of image and patterns! Thank you so much for all the inspiration!
Hugs
Annika

Jen Tapler said...

I finally had some time today to sit down and check out everyone's creations with this sketch and man am I glad I did!! This is so stinkin' cute girl!! LOVE it!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover