Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 5, 2010

PI Preview

Who says Monday morning has to get off to a rough start? I've got some My Favorite Things Pure Innocence previews for you today, which I hope will put a smile on your face.

Up first is "Make Mine a Double" and I cut into the GORGEOUS new paper from the Girls Paperie that I've been coveting since I saw it pop up during CHA previews. Isn't this sweetie's paper pieced dress too cute?

I popped up the ice cream one level for a little added detail, and also just because I'm crazy like that with the paper piecing. I also stamped a second band for the detail strip on her dress.

Finishing accents include lots of machine stitching, and some twill tape (thanks to Sherrie, I'm now addicted to the stuff!)

Up next is our little PI celebrating as the queen for the day. Again, with the paper piecing. *giggle* For this card, I've used an MFT Fossil Scalloped note card. Such a fun little size. I'm adding this to my birthday stash for all my little friends! Isn't her little crown so sweet?

Patterned Paper here is My Minds Eye Quite Contrary.

I've added a coating of Glitzy Glitter to the cake, because really, shouldn't frosting be nice and sugary? Mmmmm.

And, because I've been having SUCH fun playing with these cuties, I've got a third sample for you!

Check out this studious little cutie pie. Patterned paper is Material Girl from Cosmo Cricket, and I actually even used a piece of patterned paper with my apron lace punch. Why hadn't I thought of that before, because I love it!!

I must say, it was one of those patterned papers that I had no idea what I'd do with it... but it works just great as a punched accent. Once I liked that... I also took that same patterned paper, punched a small circle, coated it with Glitzy Glitter and added it as a center of my flower accent.

After I finished coloring the image, I soaked a scrap of denim fabric with blender solution and pressed it against the little colored skirt. It transferred the texture of the denim right onto her skirt. I love the little bit of texture it adds to the project.

Be sure to check Kim's blog today after 11am for a full list of designers participating in previews today! Tomorrow is the Jolinne preview day - I'll see you then!!

28 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Love ALL of them!!! I will have a hard time choosing!!! :) Double Scoop and Book Girlie are my favs so far!!!
jennik

Jennifer said...

I've been waiting to see these cuties! Love your cards!!

Melody said...

All three, absolutely adorable!!!

StampOwl said...

so sweet

Melisa Hunter said...

These cards are absolutely adorable! Love all the details!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

STUNNING and GORGEOUS as always jo!! love them all!

xoxoxo

Lisa H. said...

oh, pure JOY! love all these! soooo sweet!

Barbara said...

They're all just adorable, Joanne!! Love ém!

Christina Fischer said...

These cards TOTALLY put a smile on my face! Your sweet style just shines through! :)

Tasha said...

Wow these are fabulous, love the layouts and colours
love tasha xx

Country Mouse said...

Love all three of these!! You did a super great job with these!!!

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! OMG! These are all GORGEOUS! I must have them ALL (and that Girls Paperie paper too!!) OOOOOH! You enabler you!!!

Jana Weaver said...

gorgeous, all 3!! Love what you've done with these little cuties, and all that gorgeous dp Jo!!

Kerry Johnson said...

So super cute!! Love all three - they are so typically "Jo"! I just adore your style!

Ree Donnelly said...

So darn cute! Love these...

Dana White said...

Joanne these are so sweet - love your cards & I can hardly wait for the release!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable, Joanne! Your artistry is always amazing!

Megan said...

I want to be you when I grow up. Can I? Can I?

I love all three of these. Love them.

g said...

they are all just lovely and your work is amazing!

donna mikasa said...

Such sweet cards! I love all your little details that make each one special!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

Oh my - they are all DARLING!!! Joanne you're making me want all of them!!! lol Your cards are just beautiful and I love how you made the ice cream PI a redhead with freckles!!! Soo Cute!!! :)

Tracey said...

How sweet and adorable! Love these!!

Carolyn King said...

oh shut up!!!!!! now i cannot pick a favorite! A stinkin Dorable!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Your blog banner changed...the snow was bringing me down girl! LOL Love this one! And your cards, well SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

Sissy Faulkner said...

The cards are all so cute!!!

Natalie said...

So cute!! Each one has such fun details, thanks for sharing about your embellishing!!

Chris said...

I love PI and your cards are adorable. I love each of them.

stampqueen said...

Beautiful X3 - I love all the paper piecing - glad I am not the only one addicted....

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover