Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 4, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch - On a Joyride

Happy Easter everyone! Living here in New England, you just never know what you're going to get... gorgeous spring weather, pouring rain, or eegads, possibly even snow. But luckily, we are due a beautiful day today. And let me say, we really need it.

This morning, I'm so excited to announce that I'm staying on the sketch crew for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch! How fun is THAT? I'm tickled pink!

So, with previews for The Cat's Pajamas underway for the upcoming Spring Release, plus my excitement about the weather.... you can see how I was SO STINKIN EXCITED to make this card.... right??

And some of you girls might know, that my husband and I own a Vespa - though mine is pearl white, not pink. Oh, and I wear a helmet! *giggle*

Be sure to check out the creations from all the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team:
And of course, be sure to add YOUR sample to the InLinkz on Karen's blog by Thursday night for a chance to have your card shared on her blog! (It is super easy to do, and I love that it adds a little preview of your creation right to her page! FUN!) Oh, and by the way, if you upload to online galleries, the keyword for this week is SSSC63! I can't wait to see what you create!


Project Details:

Joyride is part of the upcoming release from The Cat's Pajamas, and is just one of the sets which will be available beginning on Tuesday, April 13th along with two colors of linen thread.

I've used the new TCP linen thread as a wrap around the length of twill tape, as well as to sew the button to my little button cluster. I love how actually sewing it in place sort of gathers up the flower. And now, that little button is firmly placed and won't go popping off anywhere!

Papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday pack, with lots of kraft paper accents (shocking surprise right?)






16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Leslie said...

Super sweet card Joanne and I'm so happy to hear you're staying on the Sweet Sunday team! Wish I had a Vespa :)
Happy Easter to you and your family.

Karen Motz said...

This is adorable my friend!!! So glad to have you on the Sweet team. Enjoy this gorgeous day!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute!! Love that little image and your sentiment!! So glad you have joined the Sweet Team!!! Happy Easter!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so adorable, Joanne!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on being on the team, you will rock! This one is wicked girl! Happy Easter!

Tasha said...

Oh this is fantastic! Love how you put the road at an angle!
love tasha xx

Nancy Riley said...

Oh my goodness, Joanne! ... this is adorable! I especially like the way you created the road ... so clever! Happy to have you on the Sweet Sunday Team! HAPPY EASTER to you and your family!

Connie Collins said...

This card is fab! So glad you have been added to the design team for Karen's sketches! I look forward to seeing more of your incredible cards.

Lynn Put said...

Happy Easter!!!
This is so sweet Joanne! The little scene with the Vespa riding bunny, the large scallops and paper flower are all so adorable!
So happy to have you on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team!

Basement Stamper said...

Adorable card, congrats on your new DT!!!

Renee said...

super cute!! Love it

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So cute! Love the little road scene you created!

Christina Fischer said...

This card made me giggle! I love the way you did the road!

Congrats for staying on the Sweet Sunday team! :)

Megan said...

I want to make a flower accent like that. And ride a scooter with my scarf in the wind. On a street in Italy. On my way to a vineyard. dream....

Chris said...

yikes, another killer bunny, this is too stinking cute. And how jel am I that you own a Vespa.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Such a fun card - I really like the way you did the road. Adorable :>)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover