Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 12, 2010

Splitcoast Stampers Tutorial

I'm so excited to let you know that my rolled paper flowers tutorial is now available! I wrote it for the Splitcoast Stampers weekly tutorial, and you can find it over HERE.

You'll of course see a bit of my new favorite, Die-namic Jumbo Scallop in felt on the front of this card. I'm not usually a fan of purple and plum, but let me say I love this paper! Its more of the My Minds Eye Quite Contrary line (and yes, I'm totally obsessed with this paper!) Everything is matted with Hot Fudge cardstock, and I used an ivory cardbase. I love the pop of contrast on this color combination, and I'm guessing I'll give it another whirl soon!

The sentiment is from the Clearly Sentimental line at MFT, "Clearly Sentimental about Mothers." Kim at MFT is actually selling Felt and Cork now for your projects, and you'll just love the fun color assortments that she's put together. You can find the felt here and the cork here.

This is the card that I gave to my mother for Mother's Day, and let me say that it just BARELY fit int an envelope. Giggle. So, if you like to make practical, mailable cards, this might just not be the technique for you. HA! But it sure did make for a pretty card!

16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dawn Easton said...

I saw the email come through and I was so excited for you!!! yeah! I'll definitely be trying this soon! Thanks girl! Your card is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Just got my Weekly Inkling and there you were!! Congrats! Great tutorial and beautiful flowers - gotta try that soon!! :)

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous Joanne! Your tutorial is awesome too!!

Jennifer said...

SO PRETTY!! Love that flower!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Stunning Joanne!!

Christina Fischer said...

Yay!! You rock!!

I LOVE this card -- I'm sure your mom did, too! :)

Bev said...

WTG chica!

Sew This N That said...

Your card is very pretty Joanne :0) Love the colours that you have used and your rolled flower is awesome :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Beate said...

Joanne, thanks so much for agreeing to write this tutorial for SCS. Your photos, instructions, sample and video totally rocked!
LOVE your samples, love that paper....I so need to order some.
Hugs and smiles

Basement Stamper said...

Great tutorial!!! The card is beautiful but I've never seen someone cut cardstock so fast (he, he!!!). Awesome job and thanks for sharing!!

Sarah Gough said...

Ohhhh Joanne, Your rolled flowers are gorrrrrgeous! And this card is too - I can see why you love that paper!

Tasha said...

Wow this is beautiful! I love the flowers and the layout, super colour too
love tasha xx

Natalie said...

Fantastic tutorial, thank you so much! That's a great way to use up those scraps left over from projects.

Jody Morrow said...

Very pretty card and I love your tutorial!

Anonymous said...

What a great tutorial! I am going to try it today.

Smilie girl said...

It sure is super pretty. The tutorial and the video were awesome. Thank you!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover