Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 16, 2010

Such a Sweet Sunday

Boy, am I EVER glad it is finally Sunday. It has been a l-o-n-g week at my house. My seven year olds sports schedule has had us in overdrive this week. Who's idea was it to put him in two sports this season anyways (here's a hint, NOT MINE!) We're all feeling a little overscheduled this week.

To top it off, my husband has been travelling since last Sunday, and today he's (finally) home.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to steal our Vespa and take off into the sunset, or grab a large cup of coffee and go hide out in my stamp room alone for hours on end....all I know is that I've got plans today, big plans of just peace and quiet. No sports, no activities, no nothin... I think a big family breakfast is in order, but other than that... here's to a fully unscheduled day.

For Karen's fun sketch this week, I grabbed my Joyride stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas and my MFT Die-namic Clouds and got stamping.

I just *love* when a design comes to you as you're drifting off to sleep, or in those hazy moments as you are waking up. But I knew I wanted to use the clouds for the fun circular treatment on the sketch, and I was itchy to stamp this Vespa lovin' rabbit.

Patterned papers are *mostly* My Mind's Eye Garden Variety, of course I had to throw a bit of that October Afternoon gingham in there too.

I hope that you've got a restful day planned for yourself too. A great relaxin' start to your day is to hop on over to see all the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team!


16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

This is ADORABLE Joanne!!! It's a beautiful day today for a little Vespa ride!!! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a Vespa!!! Really, I would drive it to work, we just don't have the 'continual' weather her for it. But when I retire to Italy, I will have one, don't you worry!! Love it girl!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is SA-WEET!! LOVE the clouds! Great card, Joanne!

Chris said...

love your card. it's so fun with those clouds. and I just totally love that bunny on the vespa.
personally I think that big breakfast should have been at IHOP or someplace where you just have to sit and eat - call out for pizza for dinner, you need a break.

Julie said...

Aww so adorable nice choice of colours

Kathy Martin said...

Darling! Love those felt clouds! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Totally sweet Joanne!!!! I am loving the scence you have created!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Enjoy your day!

Karen Giron said...

Oooh, either choice is a win! LOVE your card with those amazing clouds! You're such an enabler! hahah! Enjoy your restful day, you deserve it!!!

Lisa H. said...

oooo! perfection, Joanne! seriously, love that bunny and the clouds are a nice addition to the sketch.

Tasha said...

Wow how cute is this card. Great papers and super cute image - its so much fun,i love the litle scene you have created with the paper and clouds
love tasha xx

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just so darn cute!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

Ouh what a FUN card, Joanne!!! The clouds are just perfect and I love the textures!!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh, this is so cute!! I'm lovin' those clouds!!

Jo said...

Oh I love this card! love the way you've curled up the edges I must try that one day, image is so fun too.

Beate said...

Joanne, your card is super cute. Love the texture of your background and the stitching. The clouds really finish off the card.
Hugs and smiles

Lynn Put said...

What a sweet card! The designer paper landscape and paper pieced Vespa is so darn cute with this bunny image!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover