Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 2, 2010

A Sweet Sunday Challenge: Die-namic Mother's Day Card

I have not one, but two MFT previews today... this one features the new MFT Die-namic products and last month's Triple Scoop Set Clearly Sentimental About Mothers. If you didn't see my Loveosaurus preview then scroll down because you can find it just below this post....

I have been eyeing this paper from October Afternoon since it first started showing up in CHA Sneek Peeks. And I'm overjoyed that it is in my HOT little hands.

Thanks so much to Lindsey at Jacksonbelle Embellishments who shipped it out SO fast!

This card uses both of the upcoming Die-namics Scallop Edges (the standard scalllop and the scalloped scallop.) The standard scallop is cut of ivory felt, and the scalloped scallop is cut from Kraft.

You might have noticed that Die-namics is MFT's new product offering which will be available beginning on May 5th at 10pm EST.

I've reached for the Clearly Sentimental about Mother's set from My Favorite Things, trying to get ahead of the game for next weekend, don't you know!

I had a happy little accident making this card, I was going to do my crazy stitching all around, but didn't notice I was set to zig-zag. After a moment of panic, I decided that I liked the effect and kept going. Afterwards, I rolled and crimped, and distressed, and tea-dye inked all the edges for a well loved look.

I love the mix of papers and textures here, I think it makes it all lovey dovey for a Mother's Day card.

Don't forget to head on over to Karen's blog to see the original sketch this week, and of course, her sample, which I know will be beautiful! Make sure to add YOUR sample for your chance to be previewed on Karen's blog.

Then, you'll hop all around to visit the girls on the Sweet Sunday team to see what they've put together:

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Giron said...

Get out of here with your beautiful scallops and gorgeous paper! This is fabulous!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

FAbulous Joanne! Love the shabby chic feel and those big beautiful scallops!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

AMAZING!!!!! I don't know what else to say, except, GORGEOUS and AMAZING!!!

xx Sarah

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Joanne

CraftyMomOf3 said...

SO gorgeous Jo!!! I absolutely love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Might have to case it and give it to my Mom, she'll never know I copied it! LOL

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the mix of papers and all the distressed edges!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Joanne!!

Nancy Riley said...

Awwww! What a neat saying! Love the beautiful papers, and flower!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my gosh this is so pretty! I love the vintage feel to your card with the delicate patterns, scallops and paper flower.

Amy Sheffer said...

Love the shabby look here! Beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

Love this gorgeous card, the scallops are beautiful.

Unknown said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely beautiful Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover